Kentucky Derby Infield

RookieBeotch

Post Whore!!
Established Member
Just curious if anyone would like to share their experiences in the infield of the
Kentucky Derby, I am considering planning a short trip and from what I've read it sounds like a wild time. Would just like to hear some first hand experiences.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Attended the Preakness infield for years and wild was an understatement. Rules - You can bring as much beer as you can carry. Shirtless women, foot races across port-o-potty's, fights, you name it.

This year they commercialized it and no longer allow patrons to bring their own beer. A lot of people are whining about it but I'm sure at $7.00 a beer, (just assuming), the owners will be laughing to the bank.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Believe it or not, there is a family section to the Derby infield. You want a family, start ****ing.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
I've never been, but I am reading a book by Hunter S. Thompson called "The Great Shark Hunt". Hunter is from Kentucky originally and he went to the Durby to cover it for rolling stone way back when. Great read if you get the chance.

Here is my favorite quote from the article.

"We must have access to everything. All of it. The spectacle, the people, the pageantry and certainly the race. You don't think we came all this way to watch the damn thing on TV, do you? One way or another we'll get inside. Maybe we'll have to bribe a guard- or even mace somebody.."

Hunter S. Thompson

RookieBeotch

Post Whore!!
Established Member
Yeah I looked at the Preakness and saw that they changed their infield rules. I was a little disappointed, but Kentucky is closer to me anyways and looks like just as good of time.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Attended the Preakness infield for years and wild was an understatement. Rules - You can bring as much beer as you can carry. Shirtless women, foot races across port-o-potty's, fights, you name it.

This year they commercialized it and no longer allow patrons to bring their own beer. A lot of people are whining about it but I'm sure at $7.00 a beer, (just assuming), the owners will be laughing to the bank.

all my friends who used to go said they refuse to go thise year because if they have to buy the beer it ruins the whole point of it, They are not buying 20 beers at 7.00 bucks a pop to play beer pong or flip cup, the crowd will be much smaller this year which is what the Preakness wanted, it got too wild

Users who are viewing this thread