Kentucky S197's

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for the local guys to discuss our cars, meets, share pics, or just whatever. My name is Jason, I live in Mt. Vernon and work in Richmond, and I have a stock '11 gt500. Looking forward to bs'ing and meeting some of the local owners!

BIRDDOC

Established Member
I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for the local guys to discuss our cars, meets, share pics, or just whatever. My name is Jason, I live in Mt. Vernon and work in Richmond, and I have a stock '11 gt500. Looking forward to bs'ing and meeting some of the local owners!

Nice Idea! A couple of us were thinking about getting together this coming Saturday. So far weather looks great....but you know how that goes 50% of the time:bash: Maybe we should find somewhere in the middle to meet. Bardstown would be a good place. Thoughts, idea's, complaints, recommendations, ect :rockon:

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
Nice Idea! A couple of us were thinking about getting together this coming Saturday. So far weather looks great....but you know how that goes 50% of the time:bash: Maybe we should find somewhere in the middle to meet. Bardstown would be a good place. Thoughts, idea's, complaints, recommendations, ect :rockon:

Great idea, if I'm free I'd like to meet y'all. What's a central place for everyone to meet at?

Kevin P

Established Member
Hey, I am in KY too. Raised in Corbin, live in Burlington now. 2010 GT500, Posi-port, 562rwhp on Lee's dyno ;)

Ky GT500

Established Member
Hey y'all ,,,just got here,,,was out on date night with the wife. Good idea for our Ky thread. I'm John and I live in Kingston, between Richmond and Berea.

Talked to BIRDDOC and the plan for now is meet up in Bardstown next Sat. dependent on the weather. I can come across 150, maybe get with Jason and run together. Kevin will be coming out of Northern Ky down 75 into Lex, over to Versailles,,,hit BG Parkway into Bardstown,,,BIRDDOC and Slowponycar and a couple other Louisville area cars will be finding their way. Next order of the gathering will be location. Have to get online and see what Btown has to offer.

Hopefully weather will cooperate and we can do this.

Last edited:

Ky GT500

Established Member
I'll have to check to see exactly where Bardstown is, I'm not familiar with where it is.

It's on Bluegrass Parkway,,,,we can go from Mt.Vernon out 150 toward Crab Orchard, Danville, Perryville, Springfield, into Bardstown.

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
Hey guys,
I live in J-town (Louisville) but spend most of my time at work.... Clarksville, IN.
Always up for a meet, however, working in the car business I dont ever get off Saturdays...
I am however off every single Sunday.
Have met with Birddoc (and gone 1/4 mile racing with him.. love reminding him of my stock 13 making it down the 1/4th faster than his modded :lol: )

Also met Slowpony, and am very familiar with just about every single 13-14 GT500 in the area

Let me know when and where

s174

trooper speed
Established Member
how about we all try to get together for the Somerset Cuise on the 24th? Meet early, eat and try to park together like last year... Lafe

Ky GT500

Established Member
how about we all try to get together for the Somerset Cuise on the 24th? Meet early, eat and try to park together like last year... Lafe

Sounds good to me. Town doesn't open till 1, plenty of time to meet and eat and go in together.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Jon and Kris Lee is heading down there Saturday morning too. Get up with them if y'all are gonna make plans to meet up.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Jon and Kris Lee is heading down there Saturday morning too. Get up with them if y'all are gonna make plans to meet up.

You going to make it?? Not sure what time I'm heading down, usually grab lunch at Wendy's in Mt. Vernon, then head on over to Somerset. If anybody has another plan for a meet,,,let's put it on the table.

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
I doubt I'll be able to make it to Bardstown but I'm going to Somerset no matter what! Myself and S174 had some stuff to do to our cars and we didn't quite get done today so we will be finishing up next weekend.

Ky GT500

Established Member
As long as the weather holds, guess I'm heading to Bardstown Sat. morning. Still a few days out, could change by Sat.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
You going to make it?? Not sure what time I'm heading down, usually grab lunch at Wendy's in Mt. Vernon, then head on over to Somerset. If anybody has another plan for a meet,,,let's put it on the table.

Man, I wish. I'm in Canada right now and I'll only be back in town for a week to go to the NMRA at BG this year. My car is at my buddy's (03KYL) house for safe keeping and weekly exercising. Another buddy of mine will be driving it down to Somerset for the cruise and Jon will be in his '13 Boss.

Kevin P

Established Member
Nice to meet ya sir! Where exactly is Burlington?

Its up in Northern KY, near Cincinnati. I actually work in OH.

I am not going to be able to make it to Bardstown, and will be in Nashville on the 24th,but I have always wanted to hit the Somernights cruise-ins in Somerset. Will do that one of these days ;)

Last edited:

BIRDDOC

Established Member
Damn, I'm out of town on the 24th :( That sounds like fun.

I'm looking at getting to Beech Bend Dragway Saturday Aug 31st (5pm-) for some TnT and then London Dragway Sept 6th for TnT if weather is good.

Let me know if any of you guys can make it to the strip on those days!

Saturday at Bardstown is looking better. 20% chance of rain. Hope that holds.

Users who are viewing this thread