Kenwood DNX890hd + Maestro rr & Mus1 Dash Kit

Pegasus5.0

Established Member
Selling my kenwood setup with full integration to the mustang and sync. Had it in my car for about a month, but I'm having to sell my car and move up to a truck for work purposes. The total of this set-up is $1600 but I'd be willing to part with it for $1100 obo via paypal.

The kit was installed in a 2013 Mustang GT premium w/ sync and looked like it came from the factory that way. The unit is awesome and has tons of features, so I suggest doing some research to see just how many features it does have. I am located in Los Angeles and can do both local pickup or ship it if needed. All original boxes will be included. Message me with any questions or text @ 619-277-7249

Last edited:

Pegasus5.0

Established Member
Does it NEED sync to work?

No it does not. There are many threads on this subject on this forum and others. Without sync, you don't miss out on any features you currently don't have. You still gain full gauge screen and vehicle info plus you can use the Bluetooth capabilities of the kenwood unit which is basically like sync.

DSargent09

Established Member
Is that dash kit what allows you to use gauges, or do you have to have that radio as well?

What other radios will work with that kit and allow you to use the gauge function?

Pegasus5.0

Established Member
Is the Mus1 dash kit different than the Metra kit?

No it is different. Look the kit up online but this kit is like have factory navigation with all the benefits of an aftermarket headunit.
Is that dash kit what allows you to use gauges, or do you have to have that radio as well?

What other radios will work with that kit and allow you to use the gauge function?

Kenwood is the only one that I know of that utilizes all of the available functions, plus the dnx890hd is an amazing system to have.

Users who are viewing this thread