Keurig vs. Tassimo vs. Old Fashion Way of Brewing Coffee

slider701

Established Member
I wanted to get some feedback from folks who have either a Keurig or Tassimo coffee maker.

We have had two different Grind-N-Brew Cuisinarts coffee makers and we are looking for something different. We love the fresh ground and then brewed coffee but the Cuisinarts have been letting us down lately. In addition to them being a total pain in the ass to clean our latest one will occasionally leak brewed coffee all over the counter making for a fun clean up (usually when you are running late for work already)

Consequently we are looking at the Keurig for something different and also the ability to make a late night cup of decaf if the wife wants one.

Does anyone have experience with either and can relate it back to regular brewing methods?

I'm also interested in the ability to brew in different cup sizes (6, 8, 12 oz sizes). Is this done with one of the little K-Cups and if so, is the 12 oz cup now 1/2 as weak as a 6 oz cup that uses the same K-Cup?

ff500

Established Member
We've got the Keurig, its very easy and convenient and you can buy a filter for regular ground coffee if you want.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
I have both a non-grind & brew Cuisinart coffee maker, and a Keurig machine. I use the Cuisinart for a few cups of coffee in the morning, and the K-cup machine for evening when I don't want to deal with cleaning and preparing the regular coffee maker for the next morning.

I like the K-cup a lot, I order 4 boxes of coffee from keurig.com @ 25/box for about $47 including shipping, and it will last me 2 months. Makes very good coffee, very convenient. I drink my regular coffee pretty strong, and I only make the largest size cup on the Keurig (I think my model is only 11oz.), and it is plenty strong.

Users who are viewing this thread