• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Key and FOB Combo

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by PC PaiN, Mar 1, 2010.

1. PC PaiN

PC PaiN Member Established Member

Anyone running a key with a built in fob on it on their mustang or lightning? I've seen them on eBay but not sure if they work since we have that shroud thing on the ignition. I need a key and fob for my bullitt and thought that would be a cool way to go and would probably get one for the lightning as well if they work. I've sent guys with newer F-150's running the escape style key that is an all in one unit.

Anyone have any experience with this that can give some insight? Some auctions on eBay say that it will work but I'm just not sure about it with the way our ignition is.

2. txyaloo

txyaloo New Member Established Member

I know the combined unit won't work on the Lightning.

Also, unless the unit is a switchblade style key, I wouldn't want to carry it. The GTO key is an all in one design, and it's huge in the pocket.

3. Ohms

Ohms * Established Member

I know a lot of the 04-08 F150 guys run Fusion keys.. I thought about it since I have a remote start as well, it would be nice to have it all in one!

some day

4. king nothing

king nothing Member Established Member

My dodge has the fob built into the key. I HATE it and would rather have a seperate fob and a smaller key. just my opinion

5. PC PaiN

well I've pretty much given up on it. I'm just gonna get a regular pats key for the stang and a new fob. Went to wal-mart today to get the key but they were sold out

6. txyaloo

I would order them on ebay. Both the key and transmitter are cheap. As long as you have two keys, you can program the new key yourself.

7. PC PaiN

only have 1 key which is the only reason why i want another lol

8. txyaloo

Ouch. :lol: I hope you can find a cheap locksmith. The dealer will charge you $100-300 to program that second key.