key ignition programming troubles ecm

bob450

Established Member
hi everybody
as few of you know i am changing my m6 for an auto the only thing let me to do is programming my new ecm with old keys so

my car is not running i was tried to communicate with (sbb silca programmer)to ecu via obd2 port he is tellling no communication?? i move wire several time to communicate nothing. so to be sure my car was propely wire i connect sct to see if there is communication and yes he gave me vin, firmaware version... (i havent did a flash )
i was also affray to start engine maybe ecm can lock?? i only let to ignition on to comunicate so i think ...
maybe the programmer is not update for 2011 when i select vehicule it as only ford mustang (can 10- ) the 11 is missing at the end of year chioce in the menu

if you have solution any idea will be appreciate:beer:

my last solution going to dealer with real ids

thank for help:rockon:

svt04cobra1

Established Member
If you flashed your ECU with an old programmer that does not support your year mustang then you could cause damage not to mention the reason the key no longer works. If you have the option to restore the ECU back to stock you might get lucky and the key may work. If not then I would not even try to start the car. Just tow it to the dealer and take your wooping like a man. Good luck!!!!

bob450

Established Member
no i havent flash anything
no communication between programmer and ecu
thank for answer:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread