Key on power source in rearview mirror

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Just picked up a 2011 GT500 and want to run my V1 off the rearview mirror.

Anybody know the breakdown of the wiring in the mirror (key on power, ground, etc.)

Thanks

_mach_

Proud 2012 GT500 0wner
Established Member
Ford Service Manuals - Wiring Diagrams

if you're trying to install a radar detector i used the always on wire, and found a ground with a test light. When you pull down the console, be careful when probing the wires, you can easily blow fuse number 11 which is a 10A small fuse. It'll throw a "Security System Fault" on the display.

Just picked up a 2011 GT500 and want to run my V1 off the rearview mirror.

Anybody know the breakdown of the wiring in the mirror (key on power, ground, etc.)

Thanks

_mach_

Proud 2012 GT500 0wner
Established Member
as an FYI. I mounted my V1 using this mount and just made a new power cord with a modular telephone crimping tool. It looks really clean. There are better mounts out there, but they are around 100+ bucks. This one works great, but moved a bit when my subs hit. If you wrap the ball joints in 1 layer of electrical tape, it does away with the movement caused by vibrations. Hope this helps. Next time i'm in the car, I'll try to remember to take a picture of what it looks like installed.

Amazon.com: UltiMount Radar Laser Detector Rear View Mirror Mount - V1 Radar Detectors: Car Electronics

03blueslobra

Established Member
I just did this same thing about 2 months ago. Black go to the black and yellow wire which is the top right wire. Red goes in the bottom left which is the blue wire. Works perfect for me.

Users who are viewing this thread