Keyless remote case

atrainsgt

Established Member
First off, I just got a '99 Lightning on Sunday so I am new to the Lightning club. I do have a question though. The keyless remote case is broken where the key ring clips on so I'm going to lose it if I don't replace the case. My question is that I have seen some aftermarket cases that look like carbon fiber and a few different looks, but I can't remember where I saw them. Can someone steer me in the right direction? I have found stock replacement cases for $8.00 but id like something different. Thanks

atrainsgt

Established Member
Thanks for the link. That's what I was looking for. Just have to decide if it's worth $25.00 to me.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
if you can find any Ford keyless remote from the same generation for sale, they are a piece of cake to program to your vehicle. The exact same thing happened to my key ring clip, and it was the only keyless remote I had since I lost a whole set of keys a couple years ago. I just happened to remember that I still had my keyless remote from my old 06 Mustang GT. It took me about 20 seconds to program it to the Lightning, and it just so happens that the trunk button from the Mustang remote turns the cargo light on without unlocking the doors! I thought that was pretty neat.

atrainsgt

Established Member
A friend of mine gave me his old one so I'm good to go. Just swapped out the internals, so I didn't have to program it. I still kind of want one that looks like carbon fiber, but I don't think it's worth $20 to me.

Users who are viewing this thread