Khaled

Wizard_Khaled

Yo just like to say hi, names Khaled from SaudiArabia, Im not a current mustang owner but I do have a passion for them, Ill be buying a car in about a months time so I might actually own one :)

ciao.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
:dw:

what is the difference between Khaled and Khalid (besides the obvious), does the different spelling give the name a different meaning? There is another guy on here from Saudi (he currently lives in Dubai), although he has the same name it is spelled different. Is Khaled/Khalid a popular name in Saudi Arabia?

-Mike

*EDIT*.... how rude of me... welcome to the site, i currently live in Qatar.

Wizard_Khaled

Yo mike,
Well there is no difference in meaning I just got use to spelling it with an E, on my name being popular, compared to others its just a normal name like yours.
do ya know of any terminators for sale in qatar preferably a 04'? Im lookin into all my options, their currently a 1998 R33 GTR VSPEC from bahrain or getting a used EVO VIII, havent found any 04 cobras here yet.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
yeah Cobras come around in Dubai if you keep your eyes open... dont expect getting it it through Saudi customs without knowing some people though...

Yeah I'm the Khalid that is also from Saudi. I grew up in Riyadh and my mom is american.. I study in Dubai as Mike mentioned... I drive a 7 series at the moment, but I have an option to get a new car in November, I just dont know what its going to be yet...

And yes, the name is very popular.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
No i have not seen any for sale, and i dont know where you would go about getting one either. I went by the Ford dealer and all they had were a few Lincolns and a few Ford Explorers, that was it. I think your best bet would be to check out Dubai or Bahrain, like you already mentioned, or have one shipped over from the states. Khalid told me it costs about $1,800 to ship a car over with good insurance, i am assuming that was US Dollars.

Good luck on the search.
-Mike

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
fuelonempty said:
yeah Cobras come around in Dubai if you keep your eyes open... dont expect getting it it through Saudi customs without knowing some people though...

Yeah I'm the Khalid that is also from Saudi. I grew up in Riyadh and my mom is american.. I study in Dubai as Mike mentioned... I drive a 7 series at the moment, but I have an option to get a new car in November, I just dont know what its going to be yet...

Hey Khalid, up a little early are we ? :-D

I went to the BMW dealer this last weekend and saw they new M5, i didnt like it in all the magazine reviews but after seeing it in person and sitting in it :bowdown: I want one. I wonder how difficult it would be to ship the car back to the states being that they are not sold there yet.... hmmmm. And speedo would be in kph :bored:

-Mike

Last edited:

fuelonempty

Established Member
ouch, hmmm... I am not quite sure on that. yeah, I just got back from the U.S and I am pretty jet lagged

oh and Mike, didnt you mention that you were good at photoshop? I have a bunch of blurry pictures and I was wondering if ps could do anything about it

Last edited:

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
fuelonempty said:
ouch, hmmm... I am not quite sure on that. yeah, I just got back from the U.S and I am pretty jet lagged

oh and Mike, didnt you mention that you were good at photoshop? I have a bunch of blurry pictures and I was wondering if ps could do anything about it

I am pretty good with photoshop, i just took some pictures of the Sealine Resort here this last weekend :banana: send the pictures to [email protected] (i have like 2gig of room so send as many as you want).

Wizard_Khaled

fuelonempty said:

yo khalid,
why would I have to know people to get it through customs? a friend of mine orderd a 04' cobra from the dealership here in riyadh and it came through..

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
Q

Phoenix_Master said:
yo khalid,
why would I have to know people to get it through customs? a friend of mine orderd a 04' cobra from the dealership here in riyadh and it came through..

I have never been to SA nor do i know that much about thier customs but i do know that we just recieved about a dozen vehicles that were held up in Saudi customs for 3 years. These were just regular vehicles, busses, trucks, etc. I work on a US military base in Vehicle Maintenance. I heard it happends all the time.

Wizard_Khaled

Dang 3 years?! don't you think those vehicles might of been used to smuggle in drugs or alcohol? cause why would they hold them for no reason? we have no emmisions rules here and aparently no rules on incoming cars, you can find alot of exotics, itd be stupid to just forbid a ford or a nissan from entering.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
Phoenix_Master said:
Dang 3 years?! don't you think those vehicles might of been used to smuggle in drugs or alcohol? cause why would they hold them for no reason? we have no emmisions rules here and aparently no rules on incoming cars, you can find alot of exotics, itd be stupid to just forbid a ford or a nissan from entering.

all the trucks had verry little miles on them so i doubt they were used for smuggleing.... and if they were i will have to go check them out to see if anything was left behind :)

Maybe they held them because they were the US military property, wasnt SA and the US starting to butt heads the last couple of years?

I dont know.... :shrug:

fuelonempty

Established Member
well yeah Saudi Arabia would hold things like that, plus the customs (actually the whole government ina hole) is SLOW. so I am not surprised.

There are rules about what you can bring into the country, you would have to look into it... or get a person in a high position to help you out.

Wizard_Khaled

fuelonempty said:
well yeah Saudi Arabia would hold things like that, plus the customs (actually the whole government ina hole) is SLOW. so I am not surprised.

There are rules about what you can bring into the country, you would have to look into it... or get a person in a high position to help you out.
Ill ask the customs office and see what can be done, thanks.

-K

Users who are viewing this thread