KIA Motors Saved My Life And My Girlfriends Life

black03kbcobra

Flawless Victory!
Established Member
Hate freaking drunk drivers!!! Been hit once when I was 17. Was sitting to turn on a 2 lane Hwy in my '86 mustang. Dude rearended me at @ 50mph. He fled the scene, but was caught trying to run his truck off into the lake. Had only been out of jail for a couple weeks for a DUI and had a 12pck that was half gone with the empty cans in the floor board. Dude got 7yrs in jail.

CMIYC

Established Member
Wow man glad you're girlfriend are ok. And on a side note, I think with some elbow grease that may buff right out.

wrksnfx

FordTrucksDaRestJustSuck
Established Member
I agree glad to hear that you both are doing okay. This reminds me of when a drunk driver smashed into a car with 4 teens in it the next street over from my house and shoved the car against a telephone pole and they did have the right of way luckily nobody died two of them went to the hospital to be on the safe side one because he said that he smashed chest into the back into the front seat (possible internal injuries) and the other girl in the back seat by the way she was acting it looked and sounded like her lower back locked up so I stressed to the first police officer to make sure the that the young male went to the e/r as well.

I also hate drunk drivers!

Last edited:

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Sorry to here, Glad you are both ok. Looks like the front window tints saved you guys from getting dressed with glass.

leftlane86gt

Established Member
Thanks again for the well wishes.

Good to hear that you are both safe!

The KIA and Hyundai vehicles are very safe.
My wife just purchased an AWD 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited and we were very impressed with the build quality and the safety features.

Occupant-surrounding airbags
All models come standard with six airbags: two advanced front airbags, two seat-mounted side-impact airbags, and side-curtain, rollover-sensing, roof-mounted airbags.
s_2012%20Hyundai%20Santa%20Fe_4.jpg
The main reason I was able to walk after the crash was because of the airbag under the dash below the steering column. I had no idea there was one down there till the crash. The EMT's said similar crashes without the lower airbag usually does major damage to the drivers knees. Mine hurt a little but nothing like the EMT's described.

Amen to that! Folks, please drive carefully this Thanksgiving. Don't drink and drive. Drive defensively. Above all, be safe.

Tony, I am happy to hear that you and your girlfriend weren't seriously injured, because you surely could have been. I hope the other driver is prosecuted to the max, even if he is your girlfriend's cousin. No excuse for DUI. We all have choices, and often our choices directly affect the innocent. Again, I'm really glad you're both okay. Have a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving!
Thanks. We both could care less he is family. He didn't care about us or anyone else that night. Jail is were he belongs.
Sorry to here, Glad you are both ok. Looks like the front window tints saved you guys from getting dressed with glass.
Yes it did hold the window together for the most part as you can see. I did get some glass in my pull-over but didn't know it till they were rolling me around on the metal x-ray table. Every time I moved a little fell out. It was kinda funny in a way. I guess you had to be there.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Small world. I mean what are the chances you get in an accident with someone who is under the influence. Then to top it off the guy is the family of your girlfriend. Glad your ok though. Good thing you didn't go with the smart car...

Users who are viewing this thread