Kidney Stones

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I was at a Theory of a Dead Man concert earlier this year. Concert ended. Got up to leave at the end, and felt pain so intense it made me have to immediately vomit. As in vomit all over the other people also getting up to exit the concert. It was all I could do to endure the pain AND hold back a gut load of semi-digested beer and hamburgers from spraying all over the rows below, while also holding back yelling WHAT IN THE ACTUAL **** IS THIS UNGODLY PAIN!!!! Somehow, I did and about 12 days later that stone popped out I was pain free. A miserable 12 days, including one pissing cranberry juice. Then, about 3 weeks after the hell stone I ran into some poison ivy. That cleared up after 4 weeks of pure misery. Then the ivy came back 2 weeks later for another go at me.

Great summer so far.

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I was at a Theory of a Dead Man concert earlier this year. Concert ended. Got up to leave at the end, and felt pain so intense it made me have to immediately vomit. As in vomit all over the other people also getting up to exit the concert. It was all I could do to endure the pain AND hold back a gut load of semi-digested beer and hamburgers from spraying all over the rows below, while also holding back yelling WHAT IN THE ACTUAL **** IS THIS UNGODLY PAIN!!!! Somehow, I did and about 12 days later that stone popped out I was pain free. A miserable 12 days it was. Then, about 3 weeks after the hell stone I ran into some poison ivy. That cleared up after 4 weeks of pure misery. Then the ivy came back 2 weeks later for another go at me.

Great summer so far.
Never heard of them so checked them out, not bad. Like this one...got a Black Stone Cherry vibe to it.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
My dad (late 50s) had a few, messed him up pretty good.

He cut way down on Mountain Dew, only had a small one over the last couple years.

Coworker about my age (mid 30s) had a couple bad ones, needed surgery.

He cut out Mountain Dew, hasn’t had once since.

You guys are making my sack hurt with these stories. I’m 38 and haven’t had anything yet.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I swear to god if we could weaponize a damn kidney stone we could rule the world. Any sign of military confrontation and just hit the enemy with the kidney stone death ray and their special forces would be on the floor in a fetal position crying like a bitch.

They have been weaponized. They're called Tums.

There's enough calcium in one Tums tablet to make a redwood sized pinecone in your kidney. Stay away from these mother****ers.

1694138198886.jpeg

I've been to the ER 3 times for stones. It ain't over yet.

Let me put it this way, if given the choice, I'd gladly own and drive a MachE than have another kidney stone.

Last edited:

supercharged91m

Local 46
Established Member
They have been weaponized. They're called Tums.

There's enough calcium in one Tums tablet to make a redwood sized pinecone in your kidney. Stay away from these mother****ers.

View attachment 1808540

I've been to the ER 3 times for stones. It ain't over yet.

Let me put it this way, if given the choice, I'd gladly own and drive a MachE than have another kidney stone.
That's why I take nexium and other medicine for heartburn instead of those things

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Jesus fellas, glad I don’t have a family history of them… Though as posted earlier my poor brother in law has been going thru hell, believe its his 3rd or 4th stone. I feel bad for the guy, though this probably isn’t as bad as being married to my sister :ROFLMAO:

IF you're fortunate enough to catch the stone, an elemental analysis can be performed to determine its potential source(s). Then you can adjust your diet accordingly.

Several months ago one of my sources told me an interesting tidbit. Remember when Tums advertised that they were also a, "Great source of calcium"?

Turns out pregnant moms heard that, and ate 'em like candy. Problem is, Tums forgot to advertise that they also cause kidney stones.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My wife eats Tums like crazy, just told her about that. Not the chalky ones though....the chewy ones. Not sure if they hold the high amount or not. I know I was drinking a lot of sweet tea and energy drinks which I stopped the Monsters and drank less sweat tea.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Has any of y’all heard that lemonade helps with preventing new stones due to the acid eating them away? My dad has to take some supplement to prevent getting more stones due to having only one kidney. He has kidney cancer and the one remaining kidney has to be in tip top shape.

My grandmother use to get the constantly. She said she started drinking the REAL LEMON lemon juice in a glass of water with minumal sugar to tolerate it. One glass a day and she said she never had another.
Sounds like the lemon juice I add to my Vodka Tonics has got me covered.

T76 Mach

Established Member
A day I will never forget! A pain I wish on nobody! Doc told me anytime A grown ass man is on the floor crying in the fetal position that it's a kidney stone.Long story short he told me it was to small for surgery (3mm) and gave me a bunch of morphine and said I had to pass it like a man.
20200513_123536.jpg

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
I boarded a red-eye from San Diego to Charlotte, about 10m after take off, I had gut wrenching pain. I got lucky, as it passed as fast as it came on, but it was the worst flight of my life. I sat in first class, drinking shocking amounts of alcohol

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I've had two over the past 10 years. The first one hit me at home, fortunately my wife was there (a nurse) and knew exactly what it was. I probably threw up 6-8 times from the pain before we got to a 24-hr emergency clinic that turned us away due to not accepting my insurance. After redecorating their parking lot we went a bit further down the road to an actual ER. 30 minutes later the relief from the morphine was the best feeling in the world!

The second one hit me right after a bbq at my house a couple years later, pissed blood and immediately knew what it was. This time we were at the hospital within 20 mins and skipped right to the morphine and Flomax cocktail.

Embarrassing part is both stones were only 2 mm, they just got hung up at the kidney exit and blocked everything up. Didn't feel them pass at all.

Users who are viewing this thread