Killed a Maxima (I know, I know, but he deserved it)

Romans8:28

Established Member
I had an entertaining encounter this morning with an 04/05 Maxima (don't know the car well enough to call the model year for sure)......

I am driving down the interstate this morning running about 5 over at 75mph and some import silverstars run up fast to within a car length of my bumper. Drive along another mile or so without changing speed, and the driver is now riding my bumper VERY tight (I can no longer see his headlights). So without even dropping out of sixth, I ease into the throttle and run it up to about 85 and signal left as I chage lanes to pass slower traffic in the right lane. He catches up fairly quickly and matches my speed, again riding my bumper (which is really starting to piss me off). I decide to ease off slightly to about 75 and navigate the upcoming traffic in a safe and responsible manner. All the while I am hoping things "clear up" before my exit so that I can demonstrate some American V8 power for this clown.

Well I eventually get my wish and end up with about a 1/4 mile of completely open road with nothing in the left lane for about 1/2 mile. Knowing I did not "need it all" I dropped back into fourth at about 75mph and nailed it. Well he was ready and nailed his too. In my quick run up to 130mph, I put at least 10-12 lengths on him (heck maybe more, it's hard to tell when they are so far back) and pulling bad. I tapped my brakes, let of the gas, and signaled right. I move over to the right lane and am coasting down as he comes by in a full throttle ricer fly-by. I estimate he is running 135-140mph and he almost eats a car in the left lane and has to get on his brakes hard and cut into the other lane, dangerously weaving in and out past several other cars.

I bet he felt he somehow "won" since he passes me LOL

Thunder5.0

Established Member
The same thing happened to me except it was with a G35. I took it up to 120 on the interstate and left him way behind.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
Some guys will never learn will they..... Funny thing is that Maxima probably cost more than our cars do, and have nothing to show for it.

bunk22

Established Member
redfire03 svt said:
Some guys will never learn will they..... Funny thing is that Maxima probably cost more than our cars do, and have nothing to show for it.

They cost more than your average GT but the quality is better, even than an 03 Cobra, at least IMO. It has plenty to show for it being that it's in a different class than a stang. I just happen to own an 04 Maxima SL and it's a great family car. Lots of room, side impact air bags, large trunk and relatively quick for what it is (265hp/255tq) but no contest for a 99+ GT though I think an m6 SE might give a stock 94-98 a run for its money depending on the stock gearing of the stang. I get the feeling from being on a Maxima site that some believe it's quickest thing out there. I think that's mainly coming from young, ignorant drivers who haven't driven other types of cars. I've seen a few stock 1/4 times on the site for mid-high 14's@95-97.

Last edited:

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
maxima's always have been very quick, my ex g/f had a 02 maxima with 255 hp and i heard they are faster that the newer one's... i have love for the maxima's they look very nice. i would think it would kill a 96-98 gt and give a 99+ a run with the edge to the gt :)

bunk22 said:
They cost more than your average GT but the quality is better, even than an 03 Cobra, at least IMO. It has plenty to show for it being that it's in a different class than a stang. I just happen to own an 04 Maxima SL and it's a great family car. Lots of room, side impact air bags, large trunk and relatively quick for what it is (265hp/255tq) but no contest for a 99+ GT though I think an m6 SE might give a stock 94-98 a run for its money depending on the stock gearing of the stang. I get the feeling from being on a Maxima site that some believe it's quickest thing out there. I think that's mainly coming from young, ignorant drivers who haven't driven other types of cars. I've seen a few stock 1/4 times on the site for mid-high 14's@95-97.

Users who are viewing this thread