killed a srt-4 st2

Machinator

Banned
He couldnt get break a 13.3 with a 1.8 60 foot. srt's just suck on the top end, he trapped @102. What a piece of JUNK! And people say they are bang for the buck!

SkipBuxton

Established Member
There is a local guy - has the stage 2........he runs 13 flat @104 with slicks. Here is the funny thing.......his license plate says WHY TRY ...... I would like to try !! It takes all types to make the world go round !!

BLUBYYOU

beep beep, hi!
Established Member
Machinator said:
He couldnt get break a 13.3 with a 1.8 60 foot. srt's just suck on the top end, he trapped @102. What a piece of JUNK! And people say they are bang for the buck!

no way, that's not possible, srt4's are the fastest cars evar! :shrug:

phucough

Established Member
Machinator said:
What do you run??

REPCobra10

Established Member
They aren't peices of junk. They are very respectable cars stock or modded for what they are. An by the way they are one of the best bang-for-the-buck cars around. I mean where can you get a 13-second car that mods easy for ~21,000? I can't think of any other manufacturer making such a car. Anyways, you have a 500+ hp and torque Cobra. What do you expect? Anyways, all take it easy.

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
Machinator said:

Good kill. Sounds like you go one hell of a machine on your hands, great numbers according to your sig.

Just a little clarification. I trapped 101mph bone stock with roughly 1,000 miles on my car. So 102mph is super weak. Stage 1 does not do much for the SRT except make sure that no engine codes get thrown. I mean it does change your fuel maps and so on but when I added stage 1 I felt no butt dyno difference. Stage 2 is complete garbage in my opinion. It runs super rich and my stage 1 with bolt on's destroys stage 2 with toys and bolt ons. I am living proof. Stage 3 isn't all that great either, besides the fact that it is plug and play. If you just add stage 3 with no other mods your skittle will trap around 112mph from what I have seen. Stage 3 with supporting mods on HOM will trap around 117-119mph from what I have seen. If you want power out of a skittle you go 50trim/60trim GT35R and so on and so on. The stage kits in my opinion are b.s. and I am sure many skittle owners will disagree with me. Just my opinion though. My mods in sig I am right around 110mph traps.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
With your mods I dont know why you even posted that kill. You probably could go 11.20's to his 13.3

MacG4321

Established Member
REPCobra10 said:
They aren't peices of junk. They are very respectable cars stock or modded for what they are. An by the way they are one of the best bang-for-the-buck cars around. I mean where can you get a 13-second car that mods easy for ~21,000? I can't think of any other manufacturer making such a car. Anyways, you have a 500+ hp and torque Cobra. What do you expect? Anyways, all take it easy.

What about my car :-D , i mean i may not have run 13's yet but plenty of people have with under a grand in aftermarket parts.
(Please don't :burn: me)

Last edited:

bssmith1220

Established Member
MacG4321 said:
What about my car :-D , i mean i may not have run 13's yet but plenty of people have with under a grand in aftermarket parts.
The only cobalt ss I have seen at the track ran a 14.5x.....not too bad I guess.

REPCobra10

Established Member
MacG4321 said:

I'm not going to :burn: you. You're right man. The Cobalt SS is a respectable car too! It costs just over $20,000, is blown, and runs low 14's from what I've seen at the track. I just didn't mention it because this thread was about an SRT-4 being beat to death by a 500 hp Cobra. Anyways, take it easy man and start modding that SS :beer: !

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
Must have not had HOM on. 102 is quite weak. Girth on these forums had an S2 srt4 b4 his 03 cobra. He ran a 12.9 with hig octane mode on and one dial a boost 3...forget the trap tho. S2 isnt all that bad.

PSI87

Banned
Machinator said:

Yes top end sucks on stockish SRT-4's... My top end is great though. Stock turbo SRT's are weak above 120... However, my car pulls hard, until, well at least 150, I let off at that point. Low end is my problem... [email protected]

DrZacharyus

Banned
dude you still goin on weds psi???? im looking foward to the weds and thurs we went almost 160 tonight in my boys srt with intake, exhaust, and boost controller....so sick i love beer

LittleMT

Established Member
Machinator said:

That is a low trap....

Big turbo SRT's will trap much much higher....

GLHS837

Established Member
That car most likely has a boost leak. No excuses, but that trap is wrong, flat out. A stage 2 car should be over 105 at the least. What happens is that the computer tries really hard to make up for the lost boost by rasing the boost levels.

Problem is, that this raises intake temps very high, since the stock turbo is out of its efficiency range at those levels. he computer pulls timing to protect the engine, leading to low traps.

Users who are viewing this thread