Killed a Z06 with a GOOD driver at Carlsbad...

03SLOBRA

Trollin aint easy
Established Member
Sounds like fun, your wife drives the Z06 really well!
Those are both some sweet 60ft's.

My only question is how you cought her when she red lighted by almost .2 and your 1/8 mile ET and speeds were almost dead even, then she trapped higher on top. Shouldn't she still have been ahead of you since she left first??? -just wondering...

McRat

Established Member
Originally posted by 03SLOBRA
Sounds like fun, your wife drives the Z06 really well!
Those are both some sweet 60ft's.

My only question is how you cought her when she red lighted by almost .2 and your 1/8 mile ET and speeds were almost dead even, then she trapped higher on top. Shouldn't she still have been ahead of you since she left first??? -just wondering...

The Cobra accelerates harder than the Z06 in 3rd gear. If I wouldn't have hit the limiter, I would have passed her and ran a ~11.7x@116+.

She actually beat me through the lights by several feet, but since she red-lighted, I won. But I ran a quicker ET anyways, so even if she left at the same time I did, she woulda lost. So I consider it a victory.

FLYNLO

Established Member
Originally posted by lovemycobra
450 rwhp to your 368 rwhp and you only won by .056?

Damn Z06's.:thumbsup:

You forgot that a woman was driving that ZO6:D . Great story and great kill. That was a close one.

McRat

Established Member
Don't sell Kathy short. She's got about 250 M6 passes under her in the last 2 years drag racing once a month or more. She's about as good as I am (.03 separates our best times).

Sometimes it pisses off the guys though. ;-)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
McRat no breaks for the lady hum?
So if she didnt light the red she would of wupped ya?

Best thread id seen thus far :beer:

Whats the admission fee at Carlsbad? I was at Irwindale last night & some really cool folks out there...but i like to go on the 1/4 in a month.

McRat

Established Member
I don't like to lose! ;-)
She did win the second pass, because I missed a shift (3-4). I was ahead of her until then.

I think it's $25 now to race. You'll get a lot passes typically if you show up when it opens. Gates at 10am first car 11am, last car about 6. Carlsbad has poor traction, but if you can hook, it's the fastest track in SoCal, with Famoso being the second fastest.

UBNSTRK

SVT GOD
Established Member
Hey McRat,

The picture of you in the cobra looks great. Although in the picture you look like the tall ass guy in Happy Gilmore who wears the shirt " Guns Don't Kill People, I Kill People". If you still cant remember he runs after shooter McGavin at the end of the movie when he steals the jacket from Happy.

Good Luck with your cars guys!
cobrapat.jpg

happy033.JPG

happy031.JPG

:lol:

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by McRat
I don't like to lose! ;-)
She did win the second pass, because I missed a shift (3-4). I was ahead of her until then.

I think it's $25 now to race. You'll get a lot passes typically if you show up when it opens. Gates at 10am first car 11am, last car about 6. Carlsbad has poor traction, but if you can hook, it's the fastest track in SoCal, with Famoso being the second fastest.

Looks like a lot of love between the 2 of ya. :beer:

So what days are the track open to the public. Im taking 1 entire week off next week but im craving bad for some 1/4 time results.

:)

McRat

Established Member
Richard Keil? was the actor.

Carlsbad is open every Saturday, and some Sunday special events.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I would love to see that race. I did see a race between a 69 GTO, 72 GTO, Firehawk, and BMW. Only on woodward....

Guess who won?

Users who are viewing this thread