Killed by a Cobra...

BAB_SVT_Cobra

SVT Powered
Established Member
Yeah i was shocked he had his kid in the car, especially with open headers the kid is going to be deaf. I am pretty sure he said 490 but could be wrong as he was yelling at me over his damn loud car instead of shutting it off to talk. I will say again the car backfired several times so who knows maybe it was a bad tune and not nitrous.

lol i agree.
Not smart on his part going 120+ with his kid in the car going up and down the highway looking for runs... really?

As for the backfire, i know a guy around here with an E39 540I project car, the day he bought it he did open headers for fun, it backfired just as you described. Mostly when shifting or if he held the rpms midrange / let it slowly decline. Does this seem similar?

As for cams, was the car sounding loopy at idle ?

BADBOSS

Established Member
It did not have a lumpy cam like idle that I could detect, yes the back fires where when he was cruising at mid revs and when he shifted.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
I don't know if a ported/pulled Eaton could pull a stock boss by 3-4 lengths.

Op what's done to your car?

Yeah i was shocked he had his kid in the car, especially with open headers the kid is going to be deaf. I am pretty sure he said 490 but could be wrong as he was yelling at me over his damn loud car instead of shutting it off to talk. I will say again the car backfired several times so who knows maybe it was a bad tune and not nitrous.

BTW Shaun at AED tuned my car, I have an intake, JBA high flow cats, x pipe, and 3 inch exhaust, DSS drive shaft and suspension mods, 438 RWHP on the AED dyno.
:coolman:

Im pushing 494 to the wheels with a ported and pullied eaton... So no, hes a lying bastard.

i'm at 522 with port / pulley and big-ass headers...

with something like 100lbs more curb weight and two extra people in the car (woman + child = 225-250 +/-) the Cobra was at a little weight disadvantage. at 590whp the Cobra **should** still pull a few cars on the Boss. //end bench race//

IOW, sounds legit for a TVS car but he's snowballing you on the numbers.

BADBOSS

Established Member
I am still wondering if he hit the nitrous or not. Any way to tell for sure?

03SonicSVT

Established Member
Racing with his kid in the car is a pretty dick move. Shit, I can't even crank my car up in the morning with it in the garage or I would wake my 11 month old son up.

Users who are viewing this thread