Killer Chiller users IAT2 temps

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
I know there will be some that dont care as long as timing is not being pulled by the ECM, my oppinion is the lower we get this air charge IAT2 similiar to winter temps, the more timing/fuel/boost we can throw at it. hopefully we can combine some ideas.:beer:

Want to hear what temps your seeing and changes you believe may have helped. plz report IAT temps and not IC coolant temps. thx

my observations of readings on Aeroforce gauge interpetating factory sensors for IAT1 ( outside temp ) and IAT2 ( charge temp )

w/o KC - cruising IAT2 temp around mid 80's to high 90's with outside ambient temps of around 45-60* ( driving moderate to aggressive )

w/ KC - cruising IAT2 temp 89* with outside ambient temps of anything over 70* ( driving moderate to aggressive )

my set setup is Whipple GEN 1 19-20 PSI , 2.8 RR upper, stock lower, Reiche T-stat, Killer Chiller w/ all lines and OEM IC tank insulated. CAI with MAF located in OEM location. EGR still functioning

from my observations with KC on, my IAT2 temps dropped from a range of about 6-16* on days with ambient temps over 70*

95-105* with a K&N FIPK RAI
89* with CAI

My setup recovers pretty quickly, I would estimate within a couple minutes it stablizes back to pre-WOT run. My temps sometimes are lower than 89*, but this is casual to moderate driving and not stopping for errands that affect the amount of heat soak. I'm currently looking into purchasing a larger IC tank as a possibility. :shrug: unsure on the affect of time for system to recover, and if volume would decrease spike seen after WOT or extend duration of WOT run..... also researching on EGR delete, if removing EGR gases lowers IAT2's or increases combustion chamber temps...different thoughts on this topic.

I know the cruising IAT2 temp isnt a very accurate reading, but it what we got to work with.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread