kills and deaths

geoffc

Established Member
It's been a long time since I've posted but I'll try to keep this short.

2001 Bullitt (air filter, full exhaust, 4.10s, tuner):

vs Genesis coupe V6
On my way home from work, he pulls up next to me at a light and says nice car. I say "thanks" and then he gives a rev. He says "Wanna run?" I reply "Sure." Light turns green and I get a perfect launch and jump out about 3 cars by the end of 1st gear. Then I slam 2nd and GGGRRRRINNND! Wtf??? I try to again and GRRRRINNND! Fudge cookies :mj:!!!! He let's off right after he passes me up and asked if I was spinning. I said "No. I just lost my 2nd gear." He says "Wanna do a 3rd gear roll?" Me thinking this kid is cool. Let's do this. He speeds up to around 50mph and honks 3 times. I leave him immediately and let off after putting a few bus lengths on him. At the next light he says "Gotta love that torque" and we exchange thumbs up.

vs Ram RT (intake, longtubes, custom catback, tuner)
Met up with a friend after work. He just got his longtubes and tuner installed and has been wanting to see what it would do against the Bullitt. Finally got around to getting the 3650 rebuilt and updated so it was good to go. Tires were old from sitting in the sun for awhile with the broken tranny so he killed me from a dig. He had pity on me so we did some low rolls. He still managed to jump out each time with me trying to reel him in. Traffic started to get bad so we stopped racing.

vs Saturn Sky (intake, muffler delete, alcohol)
Pulled up next to my showing off his blowoff valve. We catch a light and he says "Nice Mustang." I say "Thanks. Wanna run (knowing that's what he was leading up to)." He says "Sure." So we roll up to around 40mph and I drop into 2nd. I honk it off and I'm out by a car length. Then I just watch helplessly as he slowly passes me by. He says "Damn your mustang is a lot quicker than my friend's. What is a Bullitt?" I gave him the "Not much different from a GT..." Thumbs up and I go home to research what the hell a Saturn Sky is. Hahaha!

1991 GT (347 stroker, AFRs, etc..):

vs S197 GT (supercharger and a ton of stickers)
I see him coming up quick to catch a light with me. We both roll off the light and then he hits it jumping out a few car lengths. I nail it and just sit there spinning. He's out train lengths so I give up. I catch up after he slows down and I drop it to 2nd hoping that a roll would make up for my lack of skills at peddling the throttle. I look over and he nails it again. He jumps out almost 2 car lengths before I stop his pull and start to reel him in. I reach his back wheels at the end of 2nd and slam 3rd. He hits the brakes right before I pass him. He looks over, laughs and says "Supercharger..." I say "Stroker" and he laughs and punches it through traffic. I hope to come across him again :fm:

vs 2003 Cobra (pullied, bolt-ons, tune)
Same friend that has the Ram RT. Just wanted see where our cars stood against each other. 1st run was a low roll (maybe around 25mph). We were both in 2nd. He just leaves me in the dust. He slows down and asked if my car was ok. I said "Yea, just needs a little more rpm." Ok so we do some 40mph rolls. Each time the same. We start out pretty dead even then I drop out of my powerband when I shift and he pulls about a car. We did a few highway rolls after that. Same outcome.

1993 Cobra (331 stroker, 70mm turbo at 8psi):

vs Viper GTS (stock)
1st time racing my Cobra. I spot a Viper and thought it'd be a good test to see what the Cobra is capable of. We both turn onto the same highway and I goose the throttle a few times. Nothing.... So I just drive on thinking that he's not down. Then I see his headlights raise up in my rearview so I downshift and hit it as he's about to pass me. I stop his pull right as he's next to me and put a couple lengths on him. Then I miss 4th gear :bash: He flies by and I speed up to see if I can get next to him for a clean run (ready to nail 4th gear next time). Nope. He just drives slowly after that. He wouldn't even look over.

vs Saturn Sky (same but not quite...)
I see the same guy with the Sky and catch up. I notice that it's quite a bit meaner sounding and has stickers on the back. L(turbo pic)F, I dunno if it's a shop or something. I give a little rev and smile. He looks over and asks if I wanna run. I say "Sure." I honk it off and he jumps out 2 car lengths right away while shooting flames out of his tailpipes :uh oh: It takes a second for my turbo to spool and then I reel him in and put a few bus lengths on him. He says "Damn your car has a lot of topend." Thumbs up and I go home happy that the Cobra got some revenge for the Bullitt.

Soon to come: my friend with the Ram RT and 2003 Cobra just got a 2010 Z06 and wants to see how it stacks up against my 1993 Cobra.

BullySnake

Established Member
Haha man we had some fun runs. I'm the friend with the 03 Cobra, 2011 Ram R/T, and 2010 C6z.

goeffc must have forgot but he ran his Bullitt against my R/T back when we were stock from about a 70 roll. Needless to say it was a horrible death for me as he put bus lengths on me by the time I hit my limiter at 105. After our mods with the dig and low roll races i would jump out but his Bullitt reeled me in pretty quick and just as he was getting close to fly by me we would hit traffic.

The 347 fox and the 03 cobra runs were just fun. I thought my pullied 03 cobra would have put more of gap on him but damn that 347 is strong.

Hopefully I get a gopro for our runs with the 93 cobra and my 2010 c6z. I can pretty much picture the outcome of that race but i want to see where my stock c6z stacks up against the 331 turbo.

Users who are viewing this thread