Kind of a Unicorn Foxbody find...

madscotsman

Established Member
^THIS
Clean, nicely modded car, BUT I'm VERY skeptical of the mileage. Look how misaligned the numbers are. Either the 4's are too low or the 1, 8, and 9 are too high. I had a friend back in high school in the 90's with a GT who would "roll" the miles off his car with his finger tip after opening the dash. The pics on this one looks very similar to what his odometer looked like after he changed the miles (numbers all misaligned).

Blackoyote

Established Member
^THIS
Clean, nicely modded car, BUT I'm VERY skeptical of the mileage. Look how misaligned the numbers are. Either the 4's are too low or the 1, 8, and 9 are too high. I had a friend back in high school in the 90's with a GT who would "roll" the miles off his car with his finger tip after opening the dash. The pics on this one looks very similar to what his odometer looked like after he changed the miles (numbers all misaligned).

He does say in the ad that he has documentation of the miles...

clean92lx

Established Member
I had a very similar car to that one I sold in 2009. 1992 LX hatch with 42k original miles HCI and immaculate inside and out. Sold it for 11,700

MysticRob

Established Member
Actually I'm pretty sure a magazine did a T-Trim on a stock 93 Cobra longblock, fuel, ignition, and made like 507rwhp.

Indeed, my point was the seller is asking big money because it's blown, not that they can't make big power on a Cobra. That is definitely pushing a stock block though. I've read repeatedly that making more than 450hp often leads to window'd blocks.

^THIS

This is a great point. I didn't catch those odometer #s being so oddly displayed. I have never seen any analog speedo do that. I wondered if that 140mph speedo was stock (my '84 had a 85mph speedo), but googling brought up proof of a switchover to the 140mph speedo in mid-89, so I can't point to a swap-out or other shady practices.

He does say in the ad that he has documentation of the miles...

Technically might not mean much besides possibly being organized enough to roll it back whenever he got it smogged or registered so it pops up on a carfax report, etc. He could even tamper with the speedo and take pics as proof -- "look, it has low miles". It does look nice in the CL pics though, so maybe the miles are accurate. Who knows.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
It looks like it has been very well taken care of. The roll cage is a bit off-putting to me, though. For $30K? No way!

Users who are viewing this thread