Kinda embarassed to post this, but it's funny

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
So I'm at a stop light and there is a Civic Si behind me. As soon as I get far enough in front of the car next to me, he does a ricer flyby. I don't even down shift, I just floor it, reel him in, and pull about 10 cars on him before I even have to shift again. I say embarassed because it wasn't a good kill by any means, but I couldn't stop laughing at him. He looked at me at the next light and I just laughed at him. I mean seriously, I have chrome COBRA letters on my 03 bumper, and if you sit behind my car, the cams let you know this isn't just your normal Mustang with a catback and a CAI. I can't believe he thought he could run.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
good you put him in place.

Now lets hear more about your car! What's the specs? what's done to it? I'm loving the mods in the sig

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Probably just playing with you... If you drove a civic and you only raced people you know you could take... You wouldnt race anyone

Cobra03Mach1

Established Member
Probably just playing with you... If you drove a civic and you only raced people you know you could take... You wouldnt race anyone

Boy are u wrong!!! Haven't u ever heard about that mad v-tech, yo?!!! Once it cracks, game over!!! Lol. I remember I raced my friends nissan versa with my girlfriends 1999 civic si and sad to say, he put a few car lengths on me.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
+1
Some people do the same to me. Only at times when I come to a red light, they praise my car and tell me that they wanna hear it run. Not everyone in a slow car wanna race to think they can beat you, some are just doing it for fun to hear/see the faster car.

Now, lets talk about your car. Any vids of it in idle or running?

blkvenm97

Established Member
nice kill +1 on the mod list my friend...and +1 on the fact that people do race ya in slower cars sometimes just to hear them and see them run. I used to have an older prelude si and an s10 when I was a teenager and had just started drivin I used to mess with people just to see them take off and hear their car run...I always wanted a mustang just couldn't get one at that time had to wait till I was 18 lol

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Doesn't sound like the Si guy was being douchey?

Laughing at someone for the car they drive simply because your car is faster is another story though....

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
+1
Some people do the same to me. Only at times when I come to a red light, they praise my car and tell me that they wanna hear it run. Not everyone in a slow car wanna race to think they can beat you, some are just doing it for fun to hear/see the faster car.

Now, lets talk about your car. Any vids of it in idle or running?

thats what i do in my civic but its a daily driver, then i get pissed i didnt drive my mach :nonono:

SI's arent fast at all but civics are fun daily drivers. you can floor it in them and not have to worry about going to jail for going too fast hahaha plus they have great gas mileage

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Doesn't sound like the Si guy was being douchey?

Laughing at someone for the car they drive simply because your car is faster is another story though....

Hmmm....I'd think someone with Rice Crusher in their handle would think the ricer flyby to be douchey. But I didn't even call the guy douchey, you did:poke:

I use to race my buddy's 69 427 Vette just to hear it run when my 73 had a stock 302, so I hear that arguement. For you younger guys, the stock 302 in 73 had a whopping 144hp at the crank. But I never did the ricer flyby. On a side note, I saw the guy again today, but he didn't even look over.

It's a big bore stroker, 322ci, ported C heads, 230+ cams, fulll exhaust, 4.30s, Sullivan intake, ect ect. The vid quality sucks and this is old, but it will give you any idea.
Fresh build - YouTube

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
IMG_6168.jpg

IMG_5831.jpg

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Hmmm....I'd think someone with Rice Crusher in their handle would think the ricer flyby to be douchey. But I didn't even call the guy douchey, you did:poke:

I use to race my buddy's 69 427 Vette just to hear it run when my 73 had a stock 302, so I hear that arguement. For you younger guys, the stock 302 in 73 had a whopping 144hp at the crank. But I never did the ricer flyby. On a side note, I saw the guy again today, but he didn't even look over.

It's a big bore stroker, 322ci, ported C heads, 230+ cams, fulll exhaust, 4.30s, Sullivan intake, ect ect. The vid quality sucks and this is old, but it will give you any idea.
Fresh build - YouTube

I didn't call him anything...I was asking why you felt it was necessary to laugh at someone racing you?

If he WAS being a douche then please laugh at him..but if he just wanted to run you then unsure why you would laugh at him.

I think of a "ricer flyby" as someone who just got crushed in a race but continues to floor it in some weak attempt to "beat" the other car despite the race being over.

Maybe he wanted to drive past you quickly to bait you into running???

May change "rice crusher" because I hardly ever run people...

HooterBro388

Established Member
I have had things like this happen in traffic as well. For example, a guy driving a Nissan SE-R with fart can and something that sounds like a turbo under the hood is driving nice and normal like in traffic. As soon as I pass him in the left hand lane, he slips around the three cars in front of him and and suddenly starts catching up, a bit of black smoke coming out of his exhaust. When he's about three lengths behind me, I down shift from 6th to 5th and blow him away easily. At 130, I shut down and just let the car decel back to 80. He comes past me doing about 110, turns on his hazards and then changes into my lane, like he has beaten a Mustang. At a light, he says, "You want to go again?" I laughed my ass off and said sure. Smoke him up to 130 and this time, put 10+ lengths on him. Again, he goes by me after I've let off and does the hazards things and changes into my lane.

I guess that means you haven't beaten anyone until you turn on your hazards for three flashes and move into their lane. So I must have lost.

Users who are viewing this thread