King of the Hill

Hrbdizzle

Freight Train
Established Member
Anyone watch the series finale? I cannot believe FOX canceled the show. Oh well what a great run. Anyone notice Boomhauer's wallet at the end. Dang ol Jeff is a Texas Ranger, always wondered what Boomhauer did for a living.

JasonFC

Somethings different
Established Member
I thought this show got cancelled years ago? I didnt realize people still watched it.. I thought its popularity tanked circa 2000

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
I LOVE KotH! I watch most of the episodes on Adult Swim at night albeit they're older. I watched both of the episodes tonight. I'm definitely going to miss that show.

It was scheduled to end in '05 but attracted high ratings again so they kept it running. It is the second longest running animation series, with The Simpsons being #1.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
it regained popularity after Fox cancelled Family Guy, a move they would soon regret once it gained huge ratings in Adult Swim syndication, and was later picked back up by Fox, which then led to KotH losing ratings again.

KotH is funny, but its no Family Guy.

canibus

Established Member
I think it's unfair to compare it to family guy, they're 2 completely different shows. Sucks that it's gone, but I think we can all agree that it was time.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Everytime I watched that show it just reminded me too much of Beavis and Butthead, so i watched B & B more

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
It does Suck it's Cancelled again,King of the Hill is DEFINITELY one of my Favorite Shows.I watch it every Night on Swim before I go to Bed...:thumbsup:

txyaloo

Established Member
It wasn't a good series finale, but I enjoyed the two episodes. BTW, that wasn't a Texas Ranger badge. It was very similar to DPD. Did it say Texas Ranger on it? I couldn't tell. Just surprised he was a LEO. :lol:

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I will deeply miss King of the Hill! It's one of my favorite shows of all time! It's been a heck of a 13 years!

RedDemon91

Established Member
Damn, that sucks.... I didn't even know that it was the series finale! Two great shows have finally come to an end; Beavis and Butthead, and finally King of the Hill :nonono: It makes me wonder how long the Simpsons are going to be around now that all the runner ups are pretty much gone. I doubt Family Guy or South Park will stay for 20+ years like the Simpsons.

greyhd

Established Member
I will miss King of the Hill, it actually got funnier every year. I wish they would keep it going but they cancelled it for a spin off from Family Guy, The Cleveland Show. The previews don't look promising for the show.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
It was funny sometimes but was not a must watch for me. BTW, Extract sucked.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Anyone watch the series finale? I cannot believe FOX canceled the show. Oh well what a great run. Anyone notice Boomhauer's wallet at the end. Dang ol Jeff is a Texas Ranger, always wondered what Boomhauer did for a living.

I like how they threw that in for the fans.

I will miss King of the Hill, it actually got funnier every year. I wish they would keep it going but they cancelled it for a spin off from Family Guy, The Cleveland Show. The previews don't look promising for the show.

I think The Cleveland Show will be a flop.

I'd like to see another network pick up King of the Hill, but I doubt it will happen. I prefer it over Family Guy or The Simpsons. The actual series finale was supposed to be the episode where Luanne gets married, that's why you see pretty much every character that's ever been on the show in that one.

Users who are viewing this thread