King of the slow

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
Before I start...yes I know my car is slow, but I thought some of you might enjoy a few of my recent runs since 2v's catch so much shit lol. I always thought about boost but I've driven this thing from West Palm to Boston twice and put 40k on it in two years with just basic repairs on a college student budget, so no boost for me. Anyway in the last month I've run a bunch of friends and other cars in the area with some surprising results, everybody loves to talk shit about my old 2v and I really don't care but its funny to see some of them after. Most of us are poor college students

All basic mods: 93 tune, short throw, tb spacer, o/r x, pypes m80s, cai, decent tires

Race 1: 2007 VW GTI stage 2 -- First run was a dig, I pulled him hard off the line and kept pulling on him badly before shutting it down. Next run was a 60 roll and I put four cars on him through third and let off early into fourth.

Race 2: 2010? MSP3 -- He's got a tune, downpipe, straight piped exhaust, 14lbs of boost (I think). We did two 65 rolls with similar results, he pulled hard off the honk but I stayed about 1 1/2 cars back to about 110 thanks to my long ass third gear.

Race 3: 2003 Mustang GT -- Similar mods to mine the only difference being his u/d pulleys and 3:73 gears. He put about a car on me from a 30 roll twice and got him by a 1/2 car from 45. We're trying to set up a dig soon.

Race 4: 2005 Mustang GT -- Catback, 3:55 gears. Two 30 rolls to about 85 I put a car on him both runs.

Race 5: Unknown year 3valve -- Unknown mods, sounded like a muffler only. 65 roll and I put about a car on him to 105ish

Race 6: Focus ST -- Cobb tune, down pipe, air intake, exhaust. 35 roll to about 90 he stayed right at my rear bumper the whole way. We'll be getting plenty of runs in soon i'm guessing he'll pull me on the top end but I can live with it lol.

Anyway for an almost 14 year old 100k mile Mustang that's daily driven and beat on it's funny to see it hanging with and edging out some of today's technology. I'm looking forward to finishing school soon and upgrading but it's been a great car for what it is and for being such a slow pig is still fun to drive sometimes. Inb4 "TLDR bro" lol, hope you guys enjoyed.

EB85

Established Member
Nicely done on both the VW and the Mazda. A roll is where both of those cars work best and the MS3 can be quick when they're not driven by high school kids on dad's budget.

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
MS3's are no joke. Had a couple show up at a dyno day in Denver a few years back. Was really amazed at how much some basic bolt on's and a tune would do for that car.

Voltwings

Established Member
Just because im a stickler, the MSP3 is not a thing ;)

Theres the MSP - mazdaspeed protege / then the MS3 - mazdaspeed3, which is what im assuming you raced. To make you feel a little better, if he has all those mods, he's likely running a little more than 14 psi if he's stock turbo, probably closer to 18-20 unless he's still on the stock high pressure fuel pump. Nice runs.

EB85

Established Member
high pressure fuel pump.

In the past I was browsing go-fast parts for them and being a DI motor, there was almost no fuel pump offerings. I'm not sure if that has changed since then but I know that once you want to make seriously big numbers, that is going to hold them back. Granted, there are some cars out there making 450+ and in that little car, that's more than enough to get into trouble.

Still FWD, though....

Voltwings

Established Member
Its actually just the pump internals that need replacing, typically just a stronger spring and a higher volume piston, but its pretty much a necessity for any level of mods. Actually on my second MS3 now, the first was making right around 500 whp ;) and yes, it was useless under 50-60 mph lol but it was a shit load of fun.

281muscle

Established Member
Sounds like you did pretty good. We "financially challenged" 2v drivers just have to pick and choose our battles lol.

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
Nicely done on both the VW and the Mazda. A roll is where both of those cars work best and the MS3 can be quick when they're not driven by high school kids on dad's budget.

I've tried to run both from a dig since this post and neither one will do it lol. Neither one will agree to anything less than a 30 roll, gotta love when the same people who make fun of my little 2v are scared to run it from a dig :burnout:

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
Sounds like you did pretty good. We "financially challenged" 2v drivers just have to pick and choose our battles lol.

Twelve more months to graduation my man lol just one more year of suffering, really wishing I hadn't taken a year off now. The nights I run the 93 tune usually result in a dollar menu dinner haha. #collegelife

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
And one more "race" from last night. I was coming back from Ted 2 with my girlfriend and we were just cruising with the windows down enjoying the night when three white "homies" pulled up next to me in their Mercury Milan with fart can, hid's and sound system....lol. They were acting like idiots saying they'd race me for my "chick"....:rollseyes:nono::bash:

She just gave me the look and when the light went green they floored it, I stayed next to him laughing and intermittently blipping the throttle before going WOT and putting actual BUS lengths on them. Hit them with the hazards after about one bus length just because they were such cocksuckers. I normally wouldn't take the bait with idiots like that but no one was around and they brought my lady into it, and I just felt like putting them in place. Hopefully their eardrums enjoyed the sound of an o/r X with bullet mufflers before they got walked.

In before "pics of gf", check the hot gf/wives thread :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread