Kirban Shifter Pictures

Richo

"Ford Parts Whore"
Established Member
Just got my Kirban shifter after reading and hearing all the good things about it. Hope to install it tomorrow!!!
:D :D :D

Last edited:

Richo

"Ford Parts Whore"
Established Member
Matt, Kirban Kwik shifters have been around for a long time. Some of the supporting vendors on this site sell them. I believe Amazon Racing sells it. I purchased mine from Mark at LFP for 158.00. Kirban is very big in the Corvette and SS market as well as Mustangs. Let me know if you need more detail....

MattN03

03RCODE
Established Member
Originally posted by Richo
Matt, Kirban Kwik shifters have been around for a long time. Some of the supporting vendors on this site sell them. I believe Amazon Racing sells it. I purchased mine from Mark at LFP for 158.00. Kirban is very big in the Corvette and SS market as well as Mustangs. Let me know if you need more detail....

Thanks Richo. Wow, I'm disappointed in myself for not knowing about Kirban then :( Do they have a website so I can view the specs on the shifter. Who is LFP btw & do they have a website? Also, how do these shifters compare to a Tri-Ax? Thanks for your help!

Richo

"Ford Parts Whore"
Established Member
98kobra, according to my installation document, it states, "Billet 6061 Aluminum base that is black anodized to prevent corrosion" and " 100% Billet Construction, no castings, forging or formed parts"!

Matt, LFP is www.lightningforceperformance.com. Mark is updating his web site with more Cobra parts. He can be reached at 1-866-310-0750. I have looked into the Steeda Tri-ax and Pro5.0 and found good points and bad. I could only find positive feedback on the Kirban. Can't wait to install it! Try a search on Kirban on this site. I do not believe Kiban has a web site. I searched and only came up with dozens of company's selling this shifter.

VeNoMiZeD

Established Member
Sorry to be off subject, but thats a HOT :eek: Avatar

:beer:

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Is this shifter like the tri-ax or the pro5.0 ?? I do not want to be punching my radio when I shift into 3rd.. And I really like the triax position... It looks just like the tri-ax if it is similiar i am interested!!!

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Installed yet?

I am interesting in knowing if there is increased noise and/or vibration levels with the aftermarket shifters. Just how much improvement is shifting smoothness, ease, and speed is there??

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
we have offered the Kirban shifter for months..very excellent shifter but like any aftermarket it is noisier than the stock shifter..I think it is a fair compromise for smoother faster shift ablility.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Originally posted by Linn@AmazonRacing
we have offered the Kirban shifter for months..very excellent shifter but like any aftermarket it is noisier than the stock shifter..I think it is a fair compromise for smoother faster shift ablility.

Thanks for the comment. When you say noisier, do you mean road, motor, transmission noise? Or do you mean there is a noice associated with each shift? How hard is it to adjust these shifters to ensure that there is no potential for tranny damage? What shifter do you recommend?

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by esqeddy
Thanks for the comment. When you say noisier, do you mean road, motor, transmission noise? Or do you mean there is a noice associated with each shift? How hard is it to adjust these shifters to ensure that there is no potential for tranny damage? What shifter do you recommend?

all of the above :) they are just noisier because when installed the insulation that deadens noise with the stock shifter is removed..we have sold the Kirban exclusively until last month when we added the Pro 5.0,Steeda TRiax and UPR Blue Thunder to our inventory...

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Interesting.

Originally posted by Linn@AmazonRacing
all of the above :) they are just noisier because when installed the insulation that deadens noise with the stock shifter is removed..we have sold the Kirban exclusively until last month when we added the Pro 5.0,Steeda TRiax and UPR Blue Thunder to our inventory...

Please excuse my ignorance. I have not looked at installation threads. Anyway to retain the stock insulation or install alternate insullation? I'm a middle aged guy that loves my music and the easy conversation with my lovely lady.....

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
The Kirban from Amazon is on my list of mods to come. Hopefully this spring if I get my drivetrain probs straightened out. I don't want Ford to deny the work because of the shifter.

BTW, I took most of those BG pics and have them all. Bwahahahaha. :-D

EDIT-Fearbluer1 has the Kirban and likes it.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Re: Interesting.

Originally posted by esqeddy
Please excuse my ignorance. I have not looked at installation threads. Anyway to retain the stock insulation or install alternate insullation? I'm a middle aged guy that loves my music and the easy conversation with my lovely lady.....

Yes, you can use the stock handle with most aftermarket shifters. I did this on my GT with a Tri-Ax and it still felt MUCH better than stock and was dead quiet.

This time on the Cobra, I used the MGW handle with comes with a bit of sound deadener, which worked well enough. However, the stock handle will fit fine. With the MGW, I can still hear a little bit of noise, but not enough to put the stock handle back on.

Users who are viewing this thread