knife opinions

RookieBeotch

Post Whore!!
Established Member
so I'm thinking about buying a nice knife in the future like a benchmade, but anyways I wanted to get some peoples opinions on which they'd choose a fixed or folding one, and if to go with a serrated blade or a smooth one. thanks for the opinions

SNKBITN!

TERMINATOR
Established Member
I personally like Kershaw knives. They are kind of spring assisted with a lock to prevent the blade from opening up in your pocket. They offer them in all kinds of sizes and serrated or just smooth. Good f@#$%^g knives.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
serrated blades are a bitch to sharpen. go with "smooth" and folding. gerber make a good servicale blade for a reasonable price. i had a kershaw and they are badass too.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
CentennialVert said:
I'm a fan of Buck knives. Not super expensive, but they have an excellent blade that holds an edge incredibly well.

try sharpening that blade onceit dulls... bucks are well built but they use too hard a steel. jmho

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
CentennialVert said:
I'm a fan of Buck knives. Not super expensive, but they have an excellent blade that holds an edge incredibly well.

try sharpening that blade onceit dulls... bucks are well built but they use too hard a steel. jmho

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Benchmade.....accept no substitute

Last edited:

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
All depends on the use but I have transferred over to spyderco since they build alot of their knives in golden. I have beaten the shit out of alot of my spydercos and still haven't had an issue. I messed up the serration on my atlantic salt rescue and they reground it for free since it was still under warranty and it wasn't blatantly abused. I would buy an emerson cqc-7 from L.L. off moteng and not look back, can't beat an emerson or a benchmade for daily carry.
Good Spydercos:
atlantic salt
C89BK_L.jpg

civilian
C12G_L.jpg

endura (very good knife for the money)
C10BK_L.jpg

military :rockon:
C36GBK_L.jpg

emerson cqc7
CQC-7B-BT.JPG

benchmade stryker
bm910hssr.jpg

benchmade pardue
A1590.jpg

...for the money I like my spyderco endura, thick blade for doing stupid things you shouldn't with knives plus it holds it's edge very well :beer:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
serrated blades are only difficult to sharpen if you are too lazy to take your time with a blade. Buy the right set of equipment to keep your serrated blades sharp & you'll never go back to a straight edge blade. I've carried spyderco delicas for ten years now & I feel half naked without it.

THE_STIG

Established Member
boostaholic said:
...for the money I like my spyderco endura, thick blade for doing stupid things you shouldn't with knives plus it holds it's edge very well :beer:

That's not a knife.........

THIS IS A KNIFE:
dundeestag.jpg

I like the CQD Mark V from Blackhawk Industries personally.

chicken714

NKAWTG
Established Member
I've owned/used/carried a knife for the last 5 years in my job and have beat the crap out of a few. I personally like benchmade but many companies make great ones. I like spyderco also. It was touched on earlier but think about what you need it to do. If you want it to hold an edge really well, you need a really hard blade. If a hard blade gets messed up its hard to fix a divit or ding. A soft blade will be easier to fix, but won't hold up as well. I had a Columbia River knife which I really liked, but I had to sharpen if almost everyday it seemed. My benchmade the AF issued me I sharpen like once every two or three weeks. I know guys that carry 5 dollar peices of junk that we got in third world countries, and they do what they need them to do, I just like nice stuff. Knives are cool.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Nothing beats a KABAR for a fixed blade knife.

Benchmade and Spyderco are good quality. Cold Steel is hit-or-miss... good designs but bad quality control. On knife I received from them was so brittle the serrated teeth broke off while cutting some fairly soft wood. But another, my Ti-Lite, is very high quality.

jshen

Established Member
Benchmade AFO 9050 ..Lifetime free sharpening...but kinda expensive. GA allows auto knives...but your state may not.

Users who are viewing this thread