Knife rights under attack

BiLL1024

Established Member
Knife Rights - US ATTEMPTS TO RE-DEFINE SWITCHBLADES – WOULD MAKE MOST POCKET KNIVES ILLEGAL
They want to outlaw many pocket knives that you can now carry.
Customs want to redefine what a switchblade is.
That was settled in the 1950's,
I think automatic knives should be ok to carry anyway myself.
What, it makes you more dead if you get stabbed by one?
This could make millions of law abiding people outlaws.
Please write to your congressman and customs and tell them don't do it.
You must act quickly.
I have a nice collection of knives. Over 30.
I Carried a pocket knife since I was 11 in cub-scouts.
What is next, take our steak knives too.
Don't let them take all our rights away.
Write today!!!!

wrksnfx

FordTrucksDaRestJustSuck
Established Member
Under OLD blue law (Grandfather Law) in Michigan ANY knife that can be opened w/ 1 hand is considered a switchblade and is illegal but w/ ONLY 1 exception they can be carried by a 1 armed electrician. If a cop has it in for you and knows this rule can arrest you for it.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
One of my friends got put on probation for a year after carrying a small spring loaded knife. He and his two friends were walking won the street and two cops approached them and searched them saying they got a report saying they were breaking into cars (they weren't). They found the knife, he got a lawyer but didn't even have a chance in court.

BayouFX4

GEAUX TIGERS
Established Member
I think that's stupid. My knife is very important to me. It is prolly illegal because I can open it with one hand (loosened the screw and oiled it), but I use it constantly. It is the only weapon I can use to protect myself on campus.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
interesting. I still consider myself more in danger with a knife of any kind. Chances are pretty good that i would get stabbed by my own knife in a conflict. But blunt objects are my real defense weapon. whatever is near me, is now a lethal mallet. LOL

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTXCoulHxFw"]YouTube - TNP Call to Action: CBP Outlaws Knives[/ame]

Evil4Eye

Schizophrenic SVT Poster
Established Member
I carry a holstered Spec Plus knife, I have a customer who's a retired LAPD, he told me if it's holstered and your cool you'll get a slap on the wrist and a :nono: , but if your a dick they'll write you up.

278190027tp.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Doesn't this seem like a big infringement of rights? There's a lot more uses to knives than to shank people, and besides if I really wanted to kill you I could do it with a butter knife if I had to.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I carry a holstered Spec Plus knife, I have a customer who's a retired LAPD, he told me if it's holstered and your cool you'll get a slap on the wrist and a :nono: , but if your a dick they'll write you up.

278190027tp.jpg

So, its illegal but if you got stopped by the "right" officer you might be okay :shrug:

dogmush

Established Member
So, its illegal but if you got stopped by the "right" officer you might be okay :shrug:

It's LAPD, It could be legal, and you'd still need the "right" officer to be OK.

Also, in a wonderful example of folks not thinking it through, even my Leatherman falls under this. "Switchblade multi-tools". It even sounds more dangerous.

Last edited:

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
**** that, i carry a knife always and will continue to carry one. they should at least be happy that i leave my switchblades and butterfly knives at home.

Evil4Eye

Schizophrenic SVT Poster
Established Member

It's not illegal, as of now it falls under California Penal Code 653K. It's just frowned upon and can get ones ass in trouble if one were an ass to the cop, that's all I meant.

653k: Every person who possesses in the passenger's or driver's area of any motor vehicle in any public place or place open to the public, carries upon his or her person, and every person who sells, offers for sale, exposes for sale, loans, transfers, or gives to any other person a switchblade knife having a blade two or more inches in length is guilty of a misdemeanor.

For the purposes of this section, "switchblade knife" means a knife having the appearance of a pocketknife and includes a spring-blade knife, snap-blade knife, gravity knife or any other similar type knife, the blade or blades of which are two or more inches in length and which can be released automatically by a flick of a button, pressure on the handle, flip of the wrist or other mechanical device, or is released by the weight of the blade or by any type of mechanism whatsoever. "Switchblade knife" does not include a knife that opens with one hand utilizing thumb pressure applied solely to the blade of the knife or a thumb stud attached to the blade, provided that the knife has a detent or other mechanism that provides resistance that must be overcome in opening the blade, or that biases the blade back toward its closed position.

For purposes of this section, "passenger's or driver's area" means that part of a motor vehicle which is designed to carry the driver and passengers, including any interior compartment or space therein.

AaronK

Established Member
I always carry a knife and always will. It has a wide range of uses and it is a tool that I use almost every day.

ViciousJay

Established Member
one more right to take away from, America is no longer a free place...

when and how long will it take till we take our rights back form the government that hides everyhting form us, remember this if people in the army and such decided to disobey the government then what? whatr will those old farts do then?

Users who are viewing this thread