Knock sensor

TRMach1

Established Member
Trying to get my car tuned here but for some reason my knock sensors are all over the place. Anyone that isn't too busy and wouldn't mind could you take a minute to check these out? I'm a complete noob on this but I know that knock isn't reading right, maybe false knock? The car is on a stock tune, only thing done is roush axlebacks with suspension and a new trans an exedy mach 500 clutch that I installed two weeks ago. Yes I also did the crank re learn.

Screenshot (1).png

This is a WOT from 2k - to redline in 3rd.

Last edited:

15PSI

Established Member
Can you post the log with just the KS, RPM, Spark and Load showing please? It is difficult to see what and when the knock retard occurs (and how often). Given that it started to show after you installed some parts, it is possible it is a false knock from metal interference, but a little more clarity on the log may reveal the correct reason.

TRMach1

Established Member
Screenshot (7).png

Thanks a lot, I hope this helps. I'm thinking it could be my software. I re downloaded everything and for some reason now it shows my temperatures in Celsius vs Fahrenheit and now my knock was a solid 0 then went into a -6 or -16 for some reason but only after i floored it. I'm gonna have to try it again tomorrow. I made sure I had everything updated. I just didn't want to continue bothering the tuner so I decided to ask help from whoever was willing to help because it seems like this might be something small.

fiveohalex

Fiveohalex
Established Member
Negative knock is good
Positive is not
The max knock value is .53 Literally almost nothing to worry about.
If it was 2.0 and kept climbing with max load i'd worry, or tell your tuner to back timing off or it could be fuel quality.

TRMach1

Established Member
Negative knock is good
Positive is not
The max knock value is .53 Literally almost nothing to worry about.
If it was 2.0 and kept climbing with max load i'd worry, or tell your tuner to back timing off or it could be fuel quality.

Gotcha! Thanks. The tuner is a very reputable one, I just wanted to try to figure it out IF, IF it was something small without having to bother him so much. I'm gonna do some more logs and see how they look again with the software and device being up to date.

TRMach1

Established Member
So all is well thanks everyone! I updated everything, re checked the pids with the updated database and everything seems perfect now.

Users who are viewing this thread