knock sensors Ford GT block

ironpeddler

Established Member
Ok, here is the deal. I have a 2010 gt500 and I am putting a new Ford GT shortblock in my car, swapping out the stock heads and cams from my old block onto the new one.

The problem is the mounting holes for the knock sensors on the 2010 iron block are different than the mounting holes on the Ford gt aluminum block. I have people telling me to keep the knock sensors and I have people telling me that I do not need them. The intake manifold will not sit flush with the mounts on the new block. So either I do not use the knock sensors or I drill 2 holes at the bottom of the valley, in the ribs, of the new block and put the knock sensors there. I have posted pic of the new block. Any ideas, thoughts, etc. Going hellion twin turbo set-up, over 1000 at the wheels, not sure if that makes any difference for having or not having the knock sensors.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8833/block004.jpg

bossnova3

Established Member
Definitely keep the knock sensors that was a major improvement on the newer mustangs, with these you can have an very aggressive tune because as soon as the knock sensors sense any signs of detonation it'll decrease timing and save your engine. Any tuners out their chime in, but I vote to leave the knock sensors even if this means to relocate them.

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread