Know anything about Hi-End Auto in Va?

10-43 This 03

Established Member
Thinking about getting a used 03-04 Termi. I have a trade and right now theres no 03-04's in my area that I like but I stumbled aross Hi-Endauto.com

Guy has alot of Cobras. Anybody ever bought one or know anybody that has. Good or bad is welcome but if its bad please elaborate or explain the situation/circumstances. Please dont just post STAY AWAY if thats the way you feel about them. Thanks guys, hopefully I will have one here in a couple weeks.

Zeekmann

Established Member
robert is cool. i have been up there. straight up guy, i would have bought off of him but he did not have my color but now he does!!

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
Yup I know a couple guys who bought a cobra there and actually looked at one bought from there this weekend. A lot of people say he is an asshole but hes pretty straight up and is a business man. I don't know where he finds all these cobras but there is another place in VA that claim they specialize in the terminator cobra. I forget what its called but they are always low miled ones. I dont know where they get them all from but I might take a ride down to VA. They got a lot of cobras there from what I see.

03SVTBEAST

PRICELESS
Established Member
I just traded in my 03 Cobra for a 04 CO Cobra with 8k miles. He gave me 17 on trade for my cobra. I paid 23900 for my CO. He is a straight up guy and he even bought some extra wheel from me for 800. He is even going to put in a new clutch for me for little to nothin all I have to do is buy the clutch that I want. He is a good guy and all his prices are fair. There is about 1000 to 500 wiggle room with his prices. He has them priced to sell. My buddy just bought a 04 Mystic Chrome Cobra from him about 3 months ago and its flawless. He repaints all the hoods and bumpers when he gets them aswell. I live about an 1hr and 45 min away from there.

ous2418

Established Member
pretty straight forward place. they do alotta body work but i cant knock em for that i dont mind having fresh paint as long as its done right!!! which they do awesome work.

chinchilla

Established Member
There was another one of these threads about them a month or two ago, everyone said good things about them.

Evan5469

Established Member
I have no personal experience with them but I've never heard anything bad about them.

I do have personal experience with Performance Autosport in Richmond though. I bought my Cobra from their and I was, and still am, extremely happy with my purchase. Very smooth and no BS.

flattrack53

Established Member
Every car i have seen that he has had. They are all mint!!!! seems like a good guy to do business with. Does he have a website by chance?

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I live about 25 miles from Hi-End Auto's shop. Robert is a good guy to deal with. He bought my '03 ZY Cobra coupe and my '04 CO Cobra coupe when I sold them.

He just found my wife an '08 Mustang convertible in Texas. It should be here this week. He is taking her car in on trade for it.

Last edited:

pur4mnc302

Established Member
My dad bought his 04 Mystic from them and everything went very smooth. Fair price for a 6,000 mile Mystic. I know he would reccomend them.

bigdave03

Established Member
I bought an 03 zinc from him, easy to deal with. It had pics of car from every angle. He also repainted the nose for next to nothing.

He also sold me a set of 17 " weld aluma stars for a deal!

leenstang

Low and Slow
Established Member
My neighbor just bought an 04 black termi a few months back from there , said he was easy to deal with and was straight up about all the cars he looked at ..

sc98cbra

Established Member
I have been trying to work a deal out with Robert for the past week on the Sonic Blue Cobra with 84k on it.

I am very unsatisfied with the man to be honest.

At first he said, it needs the bumper rivets replace, the car needs to be repainted, and the driveshaft is from a GT. I didn't catch the last part at first, but realized my mistake later. GT's have either a 4r70W, or a t-45, making the driveshaft a lot longer than that of a t-56 (one in a cobra). He told me he would lower the price if he did not have to do the work.

I told him that I was okay with that, because I can refinish the car my self, and I had an aluminum driveshaft in my garage for a t-56, and asked him how much he would lower the price. The next e-mail I recieved said "Its duped." I asked him what he ment, and he said that the block was from a GT. I asked him how was he able to run the boost without it blowing during his test drive, and if it was forged or not... he never replied.

It is just a consistant back and forth game with this guy trying to get a straight answer. Either he wants to sell his oxidizing GT driveshaft powered sagging bumpered cobra or not. I told him to be blunt with me about the car in our very first e-mail, and he is acting like a child.

To be quiet honost, he is just a hassle to deal with.

Last edited:

1Quick4.6

Established Member
I just traded in my 03 Cobra for a 04 CO Cobra with 8k miles. He gave me 17 on trade for my cobra. I paid 23900 for my CO. He is a straight up guy and he even bought some extra wheel from me for 800. He is even going to put in a new clutch for me for little to nothin all I have to do is buy the clutch that I want. He is a good guy and all his prices are fair. There is about 1000 to 500 wiggle room with his prices. He has them priced to sell. My buddy just bought a 04 Mystic Chrome Cobra from him about 3 months ago and its flawless. He repaints all the hoods and bumpers when he gets them aswell. I live about an 1hr and 45 min away from there.
He doesnt paint all the hoods and bumpers just the ones that need a lil help. Glad your enjoying your car.
I have been trying to work a deal out with Robert for the past week on the Sonic Blue Cobra with 84k on it.

I am very unsatisfied with the man to be honest.

At first he said, it needs the bumper rivets replace, the car needs to be repainted, and the driveshaft is from a GT. I didn't catch the last part at first, but realized my mistake later. GT's have either a 4r70W, or a t-45, making the driveshaft a lot longer than that of a t-56 (one in a cobra). He told me he would lower the price if he did not have to do the work.

I told him that I was okay with that, because I can refinish the car my self, and I had an aluminum driveshaft in my garage for a t-56, and asked him how much he would lower the price. The next e-mail I recieved said "Its duped." I asked him what he ment, and he said that the block was from a GT. I asked him how was he able to run the boost without it blowing during his test drive, and if it was forged or not... he never replied.

It is just a consistant back and forth game with this guy trying to get a straight answer. Either he wants to sell his oxidizing GT driveshaft powered sagging bumpered cobra or not. I told him to be blunt with me about the car in our very first e-mail, and he is acting like a child.

To be quiet honost, he is just a hassle to deal with.

I'm sorry you feel this way we all just found out about the true nature of this cobra. He bought it from another dealer not relizing what it is. Also remember when talking to Robert hes is a dealer not a mechanic so he can only answer your mechanical questions the best he can. just because it has a GT short block does not stop it from running boost.... people put blowers on stock GTs all the time. The drive shaft also is a shortended steel mustang one. the short block is out of a gt with a six bolt crank there for no forged internals. I know it seems like a hassle but at least hes trying to tell you what it is.....he didnt get that option when he paid cobra money for this car. I'm sure everything would go smooth if you asked about another one. If you have any technical questions on the blue 84k mi ask feel free to ask me or call and talk to me i'm the mechanic here and would be glad to help.

Users who are viewing this thread