Knoxville Dragon Run

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
I didn't realize it at the time...but man, I am exhausted!

That will wear you out. Thanks to Hazman and Yeller for leading us through!

That was great fun guys. I can't wait til next time.

SVT Watson

Established Member
Give those of us who had to work some details. How did the cobra handle the dragon? Was it really a tough ride? I've never been but want to schedule a sunday very soon.

OkiedokieRidge

Established Member
Last edited:

cobraman302

Established Member
I could not believe how much fun the whole day was. Everyone there was cool to talk to, and had a whole bunch of sweet rides taht made my jaw drop. Thanks to everyone that made us ohio guys and girls feel welcome. :thumbsup:

fastozzy

Whalenstein
Established Member
Turn out was great, we need to set the dates for the next meet and get the word out. I't was even fun for a old slow fart like myself. NEXT TIME MY OLD FORGETFUL ASS DECIDES TO DO A BURNOUT FOR THE CAMERA, SOMEONE BE KIND ENOUGH TO REMIND ME TO TURN OFF THE TRACTION CONTROLL

Nordi

I'll never grow up!
Established Member
It was awesome to meet all of you guys today! The 4.5 hour drive there was WELL worth it. I would do it again. Same as Cobraman302, thanks for making us feel welcome :thumbsup:

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
Nordi and Cobraman, I failed to introduce myself today, but I wanted to tell you both those were some nice fords you all had. And thanks for coming down.

Cobraman, I also wanted to apologize for not thinking to cut my engine off at the gas station when I was sitting in front of you. Right as we pulled out I thought, crap, he has been breathing my uncatted fumes all this time!

Watson...it is instense! I tried my best to keep up with yeller, who was trying to keep up with Hazman. I think I cooked my brakes...but the Cobra definitely learned to powerslide today!

Nordi

I'll never grow up!
Established Member
Copperhead, same here, didn't introduce my self. However, I wanted to tell you that is an awesome looking car you have. That splitter and wing go great on it. Of couse, I'm a little partial to the color. That's about as close to Laser Red you can get.

As for the exhaust, don't worry about that. He's always behind me breathing my catless exhaust. Now he has one of his own. MMMM, gotta love that smell of fuel.

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
Thanks Nordi, I appreciate it! Laser Red is gorgeous.

OkieDoakieRidge, that footage is awesome. I see what FastOzzy was complaining about now too on his burnout. Oh well, better than my lame burnout. I like the way you put that camera down in a hurry when you realized it was a cop!

Nordi

I'll never grow up!
Established Member
I take it you are talking about the cop an the way back down to the pull off. I saw him, and got LUCKY! I yanked it back in 2nd and lit into her down a straight, looked toward the upcoming curve, there he was. I was doing about 60 when he saw me. Needless to say, I was a little worried.

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
Mrs Hazman and I got a headlight blink from an oncoming car, or we may have had it floored since we had just come out of the woods.

Those cops have got to know what is going on though.

OkiedokieRidge

Established Member
Oh, I'm horrible with the names, so I don't know who it was, but whoever videoed me doing my burnout, can you send me a copy?

Copperhead: Yeah, I came dangerously close to nutting myself when I saw that was a cop. lol Thanks, glad you liked the video.
I can't wait to see Hazman's video. (That's who had the other cam mounted on his car, right? If not, sorry. lol)

Dave

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
Yeah Dave, that was Hazman. I hope he posts that too. He might over at Highperformancetoys.com.

Does anyone know who that was in the black Camaro that was with us?

cobraman302

Established Member
okieDokieRidge: Yeah that was me that videotaped you doing that burnout, and i will try and send you a vid of it as soon as possible, im at college right now and everything is back home. But you will love the footage, it was one of the best of the day I think.

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
SnkBtn99...we don't really have a plan, but we will definitely do it again soon. Certainly in Spring I would think if not before.

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
Hazman knows who the LS1 was. I don't remember his name. I had a blast, but OMG, the Dragon at night is just creepy. Pitch black, no cars, and everything is closed. No gas stations or anything. Jeez, not a fun drive home.

Last edited:

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
Ok I finally got the pics in an album. Not all of them are good. Sorry. Here's the 'structions:

got to www.imagestation.com
In the top right corner click Sign in for Existing members
Login Name is: TrophyCar
Password is: scrscca

On the right side click My ImageStation
Album is titled Dragon Run.

Feel free to add comments or pics of your own.

OkiedokieRidge

Established Member
Originally posted by TrophyCar
Ok I finally got the pics in an album. Not all of them are good. Sorry. Here's the 'structions:

got to www.imagestation.com
In the top right corner click Sign in for Existing members
Login Name is: TrophyCar
Password is: scrscca

On the right side click My ImageStation
Album is titled Dragon Run.

Feel free to add comments or pics of your own.

Thanks TrophyCar. I like the pics (of course, the ones with the L in them are my favorite. ;-) ) Glad to see you made it back ok.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread