Koenigsegg One : 1 build.... Amazing

F8L BYT

Established Member
Browsing youtube and ran across this. I didn't see it posted after a quick search so here it is.... I am also posting a link that starts the video on the ENGINE portion. Kinda cool to see how similar it still is to our Ford Modular engines :)

https://youtu.be/E6oF10izmFQ?t=9m13s

[youtube_browser]E6oF10izmFQ[/youtube_browser]

F8L BYT

Established Member
It hasn't been a Ford motor for nearly ten years. Similar architecture, yes. Ford engine, no.

Haha yeah, used to run a ford produced one, but now although VERY similar to the current coyote, it's all built in house and completely custom by Koenigsegg. Titanium rods! That's like 5k alone lol

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Still looks like it's based on the mod motor to me. Is it still a BBC when it has an aftermarket block, heads, crank, etc.?
1:1 Motor - The timing cover is exactly the same, alt placement, coolant crossover, etc.
4%20-Koenigsegg%20Agera%20One%201%202014.jpg

5350_450_Crate_Engine.jpg

bullitt2735

Established Member
Still looks like it's based on the mod motor to me. Is it still a BBC when it has an aftermarket block, heads, crank, etc.?
1:1 Motor - The timing cover is exactly the same, alt placement, coolant crossover, etc.

I do know for a long time 4v heads would bolt right up to the koenigsegg billet block and you could use them. But that was 4 or 5 years ago I'm not sure how the block design itself has changed if at all.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I love Koenigsegg, I REALLY do, but Pagani has to get the mod if I had to make a choice. Koenigsegg has gone the route of custom making everything and making all sorts of modern advances to about everything possible. Pagani took the easy way out on the engine, but simply their visual design, and their extreme attention to detail on the interior is what wins me over.

TClark22

Established Member
No shit its all custom built by Koenigsegg...but again. Still based on a ford mod motor.

Users who are viewing this thread