Kona Racing Shifter Install watch out Dial up users

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
pro 5.0 is definitely straighter than the kona
P7290064.jpg

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by MGW
not to hijack the thread but in all fairness you took that pic of the MGW handle with the shaft pulled OUT WAAAYYYY FAR!!!! :nono:

the handle can go way into the body and i bet it would be about the same height as your race handle :) :)

george
I like it out like that. Isn't that why it's adjustable, so you can adjust it to what you like?:shrug:

I guess you mistook my post as a criticizm of the MGW piece. That's not at all the case. I didn't have the stock shift handle on there and I wasn't going to remove the MGW handle, install the stock handle and then remove it to install the Kona piece. FWIW, I put the MGW handle back on the next day as it is more comfortable to me. I like the way it feels and the way I have it adjusted.

I edited my post above so everyone's happy.:read: Probably not though.:bored:

mark f.

Established Member
Thanks for posting the photos, Ive been trying to figure out which handle or handle and shifter would be best. My arms are shorter and fifth gear is a stretch for me. From the photo it looks like an MGW handle might be better for someone with shorter arms. Right?

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Originally posted by 03DOHC
I like it out like that. Isn't that why it's adjustable, so you can adjust it to what you like?:shrug:

I guess you mistook my post as a criticizm of the MGW piece. That's not at all the case. I didn't have the stock shift handle on there and I wasn't going to remove the MGW handle, install the stock handle and then remove it to install the Kona piece. FWIW, I put the MGW handle back on the next day as it is more comfortable to me. I like the way it feels and the way I have it adjusted.

I edited my post above so everyone's happy.:read: Probably not though.:bored:

No problem :beer: i did just jump the gun i guess and thought you were trying to show the handle being WAAYY shorter than ours. like some others have said you can even take the bolt out and bend it even more with like a pipe in a vise as well.

btw- what digital do you use .the pics are VERY detailed :coolman:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
As short as my arms are, i couldn't imagine not having the MGW handle. One of the first mods I did about a year ago. Haven't regretted it thats for sure.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by MGW
No problem :beer: i did just jump the gun i guess and thought you were trying to show the handle being WAAYY shorter than ours. like some others have said you can even take the bolt out and bend it even more with like a pipe in a vise as well.
Maybe you guys can offer it as an option?:-D

btw- what digital do you use .the pics are VERY detailed :coolman:
It's a Canon G2.

Users who are viewing this thread