Kong X Port C6ZR1 vs 3.8 Whipple GT500

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I’m having a hard time believing a 3.8 GT500 (running right ) can’t best that ZR1. Yes big weight difference but give that bolt on GT500 are making around 1k , wouldn’t they 3.8 blower make a lot more ? I mean the car does 130+ stock and should be around 145 with that big of a blower ? I’m no expert just asking
The ZR1’s trap over 150 nowadays with those mods. This car is full weight, stock bottom end, stock ported blower, stock heads, stock cam, stock 6 speed manual trans, full weight. Blower porting has come a long way for these cars since then too. This car only made 8xx rwhp

Last edited:

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
No doubt that Z moves the **** out but again a 3.8 blower should be enough power , no ?

If you watch the vids I posted they’re getting about 1300 with the current stock motor, trans, rear set up on the 3.8L Whipple.

I personally think the car in the vid was tuned very conservatively and wasn’t at that max effort power level.

I also think weight reduction, Trans Tunning/Race Build and suspension mods may be needed to advance the S550 GT500 beyond that 8.5ish second limit we’ve been seeing.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
It's strange how the first few runs the 500 got smoked and later he held his own? Heat soak in the Vette? Tune change in the 500?

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
Cool video but straight line racing us boring. I wanna see some road course action.

_Snake_

Established Member
It's strange how the first few runs the 500 got smoked and later he held his own? Heat soak in the Vette? Tune change in the 500?

I noticed the same thing and it sounded like the GT500 was trying different launch speeds to find the sweet spot.

Users who are viewing this thread