Kooks catback clearance issue on steeda sports

DallasBoss

Established Member
Anyone else have clearance problems with the Kooks catback on lowered springs? I'm on Steeda Sports and my exhaust bangs when I hit sharp bumps. I'm a little surprised about this because of Kooks good reputation for fitment and the Steeda springs are not a very low drop.

I'm thinking of selling the catback and trying Lethal's or JPC's gen 2 over axle pipes, with the Kooks or some other axle back. Anyone have any feedback on which of these pipes offers the best clearance and fitment on a lowered car?

SteveC

Established Member
I just ordered my Kooks catback and Steeda Sports, I will have to let you know how things turn out once they get here and I install them.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
Im on K springs with the Kooks catback for about 24K miles and no issues.

Whats contacting the catback that you hear/feel?

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Lethal gen 2 ota pipes are the best. It's 2 piece design helps and it great for adjustment

OMG_5.0

Established Member
I would get under there and try and realign everything. I did this with my Magnaflow 3" catback on coilovers and does not hit and Magnaflow is the worst of the worst fitting on lowered suspension.

20redfire03

Established Member
My friend has good fitment with his 3" flowmaster catback lowered on sportlines.

DallasBoss

Established Member
It looks pretty tight in a couple spots around the axle. I had a shop do the install along with my headers and they told me they trimmed a little off the oap's to bring the tips in a little because they stuck out too far for my taste. But the tech said this wouldn't have caused the clearance issue. I guess I'll take another look and see what adjustments can be made. I was just wanting to see if there were others with clearance issues with this catback. Thanks to all who have responded.

powerhogger

Established Member
I have issues with the Kooks catback too and I'm lowered barely on P springs. Tried moving the pipes around but it didn't help.

OMG_5.0

Established Member
It looks pretty tight in a couple spots around the axle. I had a shop do the install along with my headers and they told me they trimmed a little off the oap's to bring the tips in a little because they stuck out too far for my taste. But the tech said this wouldn't have caused the clearance issue. I guess I'll take another look and see what adjustments can be made. I was just wanting to see if there were others with clearance issues with this catback. Thanks to all who have responded.

I ended up trimming a inch off mine as well. I just threw it up on jackstands and jacked the rear axle up. Loosened everything up and played around with the pipes until I had the best clearance

csb85

Established Member
I have kooks catback and I'm also lowered on steeda sports and don't have any clearance issues. Idk if it makes a difference, but my catback is the older version. It has the factory ball and socket connection like factory. I know the newer catback systems come with the slip fit connection.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread