Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Good luck, didn't know it was your hood. Cheers

Last edited:

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
Mike why you selling it?

ITs real btw and a good Deal! I wouldn't sell mine that cheap!

haha i see it has a reserve. I thought the bin was 3600.00

Last edited:

MichaelFreedman

Established Member
Wish I didnt have to sell it, but have some family things to take care of. Thanks for confirming that it's the real deal. I appreciate it.

Mike

FiaCobra

Established Member
Mike,
I sent you 2 emails via eBay and only got one reply from you.
I'll pm you here as well.

Thanks

91svtbird

Established Member
Good luck with the sale Mike, sorry you have to sell it. A rare opportunity and at a fair price for someone looking for an authentic GT500KR carbon fiber hood built by (Plasan Carbon Composites) especially considering Shelby refuses to sell them to anyone at any price.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
You are 2 towns over from me. If anyone needs a business addy to ship out of to cut shipping cost down, they can use my business.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Not trying to be an A$$... but are you serious? $6100 + shipping for a damaged/repaired hood that is missing the hood twist locks. I know the hoods are almost unobtainable but if you don't own a real KR I cant see why anyone with a GT500 would pay that much..... much less why the heck you didn't take the money and laugh all the way to the bank.

After that auction, I forsee KRs getting their hoods stolen when left in parking lots or at dealerships..... then ending up on ebay.

Also the auction list it as a 2007 KR which was never produced.

Last edited:

HARLEYDEALER

Established Member
It's a free market, plus it's not a matter of need, just want. Someone may want the hood more than they want their 6 to $7000 dollars. But that is getting close to 1/10 the cost of the entire car,loll. Bill

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Someone could be a collector...someone with a KR could buy it as a spare....someone might try to flip it for more $$$.

I really don't understand why you think this auction would lead to an increase in the theft of KR hoods. The price and value of KR hoods has been well known for a loooong time. Good luck selling a stolen KR hood on ebay without getting caught....:nonono:

His posting is NOT going to lead to an increase in thefts.

I can see it now (as in a joke...this is NOT going to happen).

Thief one: "OMG thief two, I just saw this posting on Ebay for something called a KR hood...we saw those expensive arse cars all the time...sitting parked outside and in dealer lots...who knew parts were expensive too?"

Thief two: "Holy cow!!!! Let's go steal those hoods now."

Thief one" "waiiiiiit a second....I bet if we steal the WHOLE car, we could sell more parts since it only takes us professionals less than a minute to steal a car...faster than popping the hood and removing it".

Thief two: "Dude, thank god for ebay!!!"

Riiiiiight. :lol1:

Last edited:

HARLEYDEALER

Established Member
Someone good be a collector...someone with a KR could buy it as a spare....someone might try to flip it for more $$$.

I really don't understand why you think this auction would lead to an increase in the theft of KR hoods. The price and value of KR hoods has been well known for a loooong time. Good luck selling a stolen KR hood on ebay without getting caught....:nonono:

I can see it now:

Thief one: "OMG thief two, I just saw this posting on Ebay for something called a KR hood...we saw those expensive arse cars all the time...sitting parked outside and in dealer lots...who knew parts were expensive too?"

Thief two: "Holy cow!!!! Let's go steal those hoods now."

Thief one" "waiiiiiit a second....I bet if we steal the WHOLE car, we could sell more parts since it only takes us professionals less than a minute to steal a car...faster than popping the hood and removing it".

Thief two: "Dude, thank god for ebay!!!"

Riiiiiight.
On the brighter side the more they steal the cheaper the parts will become, something else that has to do with a free market, its called "supply and demand". It's early and I don't know were this teaching of economics is coming from! Sorry, but I find this funny, I had the same feelings when I first saw it, but I'm over it now. Bill

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
Not trying to be an A$$... but are you serious? $6100 + shipping for a damaged/repaired hood that is missing the hood twist locks. I know the hoods are almost unobtainable but if you don't own a real KR I cant see why anyone with a GT500 would pay that much..... much less why the heck you didn't take the money and laugh all the way to the bank.

After that auction, I forsee KRs getting their hoods stolen when left in parking lots or at dealerships..... then ending up on ebay.

Also the auction list it as a 2007 KR which was never produced.

First the hood is NOT Missing the hood vents or twist locks ( PLEASE READ THE AUCTION) Second the hood did not sell @ 6100 reserve was more. There were several people bidding if you looked at the bids and many were willing to pay over 3000 for the hood! Next I sold one about 9 months ago for over 5000 and i gave it away in my mind. They are 9000+ new and you can't get one unless you own a KR. So 6100 would be a deal. ALSO and TRUST ME i know the hood had very minor damage. I hope mike gets 10000.00 for it, it worth it as it is one of few in the publics hand for sale and the company that made them is suing shelby for non payment. Ford has taken the Kr molds from Plasan and given them to another company to make in which they are not going to be as nice as they came from plasan. So any of these hoods left are the only original PLASAN COMPOSITES hoods left. So in all reality they will be worth alot more down the road!!

ModularFan

Established Member
OP, I'd Be very careful about this auction, Not to long ago, someone obtained a KR hood and didn't even own a KR, Amy Of Team Shelby found out and then alot of shit sprewed around. Just becareful where you post these things.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
OP, I'd Be very careful about this auction, Not to long ago, someone obtained a KR hood and didn't even own a KR, Amy Of Team Shelby found out and then alot of shit sprewed around. Just becareful where you post these things.

Once you own title, she's SOL.

skyhighsd

Established Member
Once you own title, she's SOL.

Very true, at best she would only have scare tactics.

Best of luck op, I would have taken the offer and ran but thats just me. I couldnt see paying that or more, for that kind of money I would buy another car.

Users who are viewing this thread