L and HD owners BEWARE!!!!!!

BlownSVT00

Established Member
This is a TRUE story by a good friend and fellow L owner Woody. I believe that this is a good warning and "heads up" for all of us looking for a "built motor" and pretty much the works. Later, Jimmy

"Hey guys if you have your truck built take it to one of the big guys like Jim and Johnny!!!!! In the morning I will start my legal battle with James at Race Related.

He said he would give me a warranty, He said it would be done in 5 weeks with him breaking it in, He listed the parts I would be getting. Well non of those statements are true. At week 9 I was fed up with his excuses so I went to FL on a surprise trip. At that point he had told me he was breaking in the engine when a tranny seal went and that was the reason for the latest delay. Well when I got to his shop my truck did not even have an engine in it. Even more so THE ENGINE WAS NOT EVEN BUILT! he gave me this line of crap saying his life was like the movie "LIAR LIAR". That he just could not meet the time schedules that he tells people. But if he did not lie to them they would leave. Well I stuck with him and now I have really been taken. I don't have a purge, JDM mid pipes, flip chip, and so on... But what I do have is a truck that drinks oil, and a guy who told me he would warranty the truck for a year(he told me this when we made the deal), and now he will not return a phone call or an E-mail.

So in short go to a reputable business guys! Oh my truck has alot of power no doubt, but I know the other guys can do the same for you!!!!! Some one put me out of my misery! I'm flat broke and my truck drinks oil as bad as it drinks gas if not worse! There is alot more to this story but I think this is enough to get my message across.

P.S. Please feel free to post this EVERYWHERE"

Originally posted on the NLOC http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthrea...2367#post492367

Overkill1000

Established Member
Originally posted by BlownSVT00
This is a TRUE story by a good friend and fellow L owner Woody. I believe that this is a good warning and "heads up" for all of us looking for a "built motor" and pretty much the works. Later, Jimmy

"Hey guys if you have your truck built take it to one of the big guys like Jim and Johnny!!!!! In the morning I will start my legal battle with James at Race Related.

He said he would give me a warranty, He said it would be done in 5 weeks with him breaking it in, He listed the parts I would be getting. Well non of those statements are true. At week 9 I was fed up with his excuses so I went to FL on a surprise trip. At that point he had told me he was breaking in the engine when a tranny seal went and that was the reason for the latest delay. Well when I got to his shop my truck did not even have an engine in it. Even more so THE ENGINE WAS NOT EVEN BUILT! he gave me this line of crap saying his life was like the movie "LIAR LIAR". That he just could not meet the time schedules that he tells people. But if he did not lie to them they would leave. Well I stuck with him and now I have really been taken. I don't have a purge, JDM mid pipes, flip chip, and so on... But what I do have is a truck that drinks oil, and a guy who told me he would warranty the truck for a year(he told me this when we made the deal), and now he will not return a phone call or an E-mail.

So in short go to a reputable business guys! Oh my truck has alot of power no doubt, but I know the other guys can do the same for you!!!!! Some one put me out of my misery! I'm flat broke and my truck drinks oil as bad as it drinks gas if not worse! There is alot more to this story but I think this is enough to get my message across.

P.S. Please feel free to post this EVERYWHERE"

Originally posted on the NLOC http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthrea...2367#post492367
To all of you other respectable L and HD owners I have had personal experience with Race Related and have nothing but good things to say in regards to them.They have built approximately twelve 2nd gen 5.4's for a variety of people in the past few years and stand behind their work 100%.To name a few very satisfied customers with their built motors.Ron Lutwiller 622RWHP Rob Melde 575 RWHP Ron Jagisch 618 RWHP Jimmy Oneal 600 RWHP James HD 835 RWHP Jim Roberts 650 RWHP
Dwayne Gutridge 500 RWHP Aaron Mason going out tomorrow Dave Laxton started up today Derek Williams being built as we speak Ben Rosset 600 RWHP and still counting without a single failure.The facts are this Woody stiffed James for the remainder of the bill after James delivered the truck because the build was late.6 days over due because of a broken valve spring.James changed every spring and every valve guide seal in the motor and drove 1000 miles round trip only to be shorted on the bill.Even after the shitty treatment on Woody and Michelle's part James has made arrangements w/ Dave Laxton at Dynamic Auto works to R&R if necesary and replace any parts at no charge to Woody.Case closed www.racerelated.com builds a bang up motor for an unbeatable price and just for the record they still to the best of my knowledge have built the most powerful 5.4L in the land.

kb03cobra

easy10
Established Member
James at Race Related just blew my friends 04 cobra up with 3000 miles on it and won't take responsiblity for it. The car ran perfect when he dropped it off, and didn't run when he went to pick it up. The car was only in to get headers and a off road x pipe. The motor dropped compression on every cylinder. James is not a business man at all. crook ! (No warr because of chip being in computer) Out 4000.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
That sucks......

Unfortnately, bad news spreads quicker than good news in our world..

BlownSVT00

Established Member
This is an old thread, but it proves that James is still the man that he proved he was last year. It is so sad that WE as consumers allow this man to still be in business. Good luck to your friend.

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Overkill1000 said:
To all of you other respectable L and HD owners I have had personal experience with Race Related and have nothing but good things to say in regards to them.They have built approximately twelve 2nd gen 5.4's for a variety of people in the past few years and stand behind their work 100%.To name a few very satisfied customers with their built motors.Ron Lutwiller 622RWHP Rob Melde 575 RWHP Ron Jagisch 618 RWHP Jimmy Oneal 600 RWHP James HD 835 RWHP Jim Roberts 650 RWHP
Dwayne Gutridge 500 RWHP Aaron Mason going out tomorrow Dave Laxton started up today Derek Williams being built as we speak Ben Rosset 600 RWHP and still counting without a single failure.The facts are this Woody stiffed James for the remainder of the bill after James delivered the truck because the build was late.6 days over due because of a broken valve spring.James changed every spring and every valve guide seal in the motor and drove 1000 miles round trip only to be shorted on the bill.Even after the shitty treatment on Woody and Michelle's part James has made arrangements w/ Dave Laxton at Dynamic Auto works to R&R if necesary and replace any parts at no charge to Woody.Case closed www.racerelated.com builds a bang up motor for an unbeatable price and just for the record they still to the best of my knowledge have built the most powerful 5.4L in the land.

Sounds to me like the owner paid someone to say that. who only posts 7 times and knows this kind of stuff about it?

BlownSVT00

Established Member
kb03cobra said:
james is a real scam artest thats the facts.

KB............I think that they are saying the same thing. He quoted what Overkill responded. And to shed further light on the subject the "Overkill1000" person in this thread was James and/or his wife. This topic got extremely heated before it died down.

Race Related is as crooked of a business as what has been posted here.

ViciousJay

Established Member
well sorry to hear about your losses but im not from there and i usually ask around and see who others use before making my mind up

kb03cobra

easy10
Established Member
I understand. I am trying to do the same thing! It is so hard to find someone honest. Just trying to get the word out about James. It sucks the way people are.

orange2004cobra

Established Member
Having a similar experience for the past 3 years with a Racer/builder here in Georgia..
You know, if laws were different, and you could just walk in and beat the shit out of someone who ripped you off, it makes you wonder if it would happen as much..
As far as the above , I am sure most shops have horror stories about them, and some good stories as well.
But,
It has been my experience that sometimes a shop will do one person "super right" and shit on others...
L.

Users who are viewing this thread