L.E.D Cobra Grill Emplem...

joemayo

Established Member
I seen a Lightning last night with a lited up Ford Emblem in the grill and he said they have a cobra one with red eyes? anyone heard of this? I think it would be cool to have...

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I have heard of that but havent seen one in a long while. I will do some searching this evening and see what I can find.

SteveChris

Established Member
DAMN i actually though of that but didnt do it..hell if you people would buy, i'd make. an emblem, drill, led, fuse, resistor, and your good

SteveChris

Established Member
actually only thing is where to tap the power you dont want to tap the battery, with a fure thats safe but then it always on. only thing i can think of is to run a long ass peice of wire into the car and then tap a fuse thats only on when the car is. i did that to my last car. i tapped a fuse and ran my radar detector to it so it turns on with the car but thats was only like 3 feet of wire. any wires to tap in the engine bay for that??

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
IronTerp said:
03silvr10thvert has one of these.....looks pretty cool at night.

Someone call me?

0508light2.jpg

Here's another

0508light1.jpg

Do a search for LED courtesy lights. Some guy did it with the APC LED's for his side mirrors, and I took the idea the next step for me.

Any Pep Boys or LED supplier carries them. APC part number "Illuminators' #36.0401.R 12v, 40mA ampers, wire 1.0m. Tapped into parking light.

Mech. Junkie

Established Member
eTrailer.com has a Cobra hitch cover - pull the Cobra off and stick it in your grill?

Search for Cobra and it comes up. Maybe someone can attach an image 'cause I can't figure out how to post an image on this forum. DUH!

JymBart

Established Member
Mech. Junkie said:
eTrailer.com has a Cobra hitch cover - pull the Cobra off and stick it in your grill?

Search for Cobra and it comes up. Maybe someone can attach an image 'cause I can't figure out how to post an image on this forum. DUH!

Check that web address for me will ya?

JymBart

skunkt-u

Established Member
I have had my "light up" Ford Emblem for the trunk of my cobra since I bought the car and I still havent put it on. Damn Im Lazy! I want the L.E.D light for the cobra badges now! Were they a PIA to put on or install?

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
If your car is a daily driver - you should be able to wire that straight to the battery. It will be on all the time, but it draws so little current that it won't drain the battery much.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
skunkt-u said:
I have had my "light up" Ford Emblem for the trunk of my cobra since I bought the car and I still havent put it on. Damn Im Lazy! I want the L.E.D light for the cobra badges now! Were they a PIA to put on or install?

If you're asking me, no it was easy. When I ran my pyrometer wiring last weekend I went ahead and ran a line for a toggle switch for it. I'll probably do that this weekend so it can be switched on anytime.

That 3-D snake is too much bling even for me.

Users who are viewing this thread