L.E.O.'s i need some advice

mysticalsnake

Established Member
Alright, i was involved in an accident about a month ago. I had a guy in a civic basically PIT maneuver my cobra, he then ran off the road and ended up totalling his car after striking a quad-cab F-250.

On the police report I have a witness stating that he and his girlfriend (also riding in the car with him) stating that the civic came over into my lane and then proceeded to lose control and run off the road.

Now, after he finds out his vehicle is being totaled, he begins lying to my insurance company about how we were racing whenever this happened in hopes that they would not cover my vehicle, however, the insurance company has the report and also called the witness who re-affirmed the fact that there was absolutely no racing involved in the accident

Just tonight, approximately 20-30 minutes ago i get a call from an unavailable number from the website where you can enter in a persons phone number and have automated calls sent to their phone with different messages. The message that was called to my phone was a threatening song basically stating repeatedly in lyrics that "we're gonna mess you up......we're gonna mess you up real bad" etc...

My question for all of you is that if i can prove what number this came from is there anything i can really do? I'm sure that being the guy that hit me or one of his friends would just say that they did it as a joke, but i do not take to threats as any type of a joke especially when one of the guy's friends has been going around town saying how he saw the whole incident (yet he didn't bother telling the police he did as he then would have been falsifying the report).

Any help i could get from you guys would be greatly appreciated. I know that i would be able to get a lawyer if i'm able to prove it but i would much rather have this guy/ these people in jail for terroristic threats than just go to court and have a judge tell them to pay for anguish and what not.

Thanks in advance:beer:

jshen

Established Member
If the call you received was a song ...how do you prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" who played it? Just because it came from "guys" phone/cell phone etc....doesn't mean he played it. His defense will be somebody else used his phone...

As to damages to your car- has the insurance covered the claim yet? I cannot think why the guy would claim [if he has any sense] he was racing to get out of paying for your damage..when such admission would cause license suspension...criminal charges and law suit..By the way..coming in later and making a false report...is a felony here.

mysticalsnake

Established Member
alright, thanks guys. i figured that he'd just say it wasn't him or any of his friends that somebody else must have done it as a joke. i was talking to one of my friends that lives about a 1/2 hour away and he really good friends with other local LEO's and they said that if he persists that i might have a shot at charging him with some sort of felony retaliation or something of that nature. any Texas LEO's know of anything like that?

Users who are viewing this thread