L is makeing a bad noise!!! need help

Black Sleeper

Established Member
It started about a month and a half ago. parked the L for a min while i got breakfast started her up and made a really loud HUMMING noise. I shut down right when I heard it started her back up and nothing. maby a week later driving to work out of nowhare same HUmming noise after like 3 sec's went away. 3 or 4 days later same as befor huming noise for a few sec's then gone. As the days go on it is more consistant but at the same time I can go for 5 days with out hearing anything. I started the L up 2 days ago and made the same noise and I didnt do anything and the truck stalled, started it back up right after that. No problems. 66,000mils 4# pully tune tr6 plugs tune... The truck is tuned correctly. its been 2 years since the tune. The L dose it in park and while im driving so im guessing its not the tranny?.. Maby an idler, or the SC is locking.? But if that was happening woulding I see littel belt shaveings under the hood.? Power Steering works fine, Ac works fine. From what I can see under the hood everything looks ok. The oil in the sc has probaly never been changed!! When I say a HUMMING NOISE the best way to describe it is if you hun as loud as u can in ur head, and that is what my truck is doing. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! IDK what is could be me mechanic couldnt get the truck to do it for him. thanks for the help Guys SVTP Rocks!

Stewie 03

Established Member
IAC valve on it's way out? I just replaced mine as it sounded like a foghorn at times and ran roughly for 30-45 seconds until the idle leveled out. Hopefully some more knowledgable guys will chime in soon. Good luck with the fix.

Users who are viewing this thread