L&M or Crower for my KB car?

pjb03

Established Member
I'm getting ready to have my heads ported with all new hardware. I put the KB on a month or so ago and my slight tick has started to get louder. I am currently at 15 psi and plan on going up to 19, no more.:rollseyes I have the focus pumps and 55s already installed. I only use the car on weekends, but I would still like some driveability. Right now I am looking at the Crower stage 2s. Any info or advice would be appreciated. One more thing, I have been a proud Ford owner for 1 year today!

KB @ 15 psi
Billitflow TB
SFPHQ 3.25
Steeda CAI
HBH oil tank
Focus pumps
Siemens 55s
TR 55s
Mac prochamber
Magnaflow CB
Tri ax
Lunar Gauges
Predator with Coastal Dyno tune 516/467 on a Mustang dyno

Getting ready to install:

GF HE
VT billit oil pump gear
Canton 7qt. pan
Liberty 26 spline input shaft
Spec stage 3
Mac LTs
Mac prochamber
RR 2.8
Steeda K member
Kenny Brown subs
Custom ported heads by Brandon
Nitto 315s

Last edited:

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
should be stout Pat, can you pm me where you are having your heads ported at? is it the Brandon im thinking of? i was thinking of having my TB ported as well

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
With the kind of power your making I would highly consider a different clutch choice. I too am keeping an eye on cams and when(if) I ever do it I plan on getting heads ported as well.

pjb03

Established Member
Yes Jake, it is the Brandon you are thinking of.

Shadowgray03, what do you recommend as a clutch?

I also have the Apten cooling mod going in.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by pjb03
Yes Jake, it is the Brandon you are thinking of.

Shadowgray03, what do you recommend as a clutch?

I also have the Apten cooling mod going in.
Im not speaking from personal experience here just from what I have read from those who have been down that road as well as details from a close friend of mine who runs a performance shop. Hammer over at modfords, smoked his 3i in no time, it simply couldnt hold the tq, granted your not as high HP/TQ wise but if your spending the dough better to get something that holds. As toofast stated the McLeod will hold and the only complain t I have heard is it has prettly long pedel travel. Aside from that the centerforce is showing a lot of promis as well. A clutch(and 26spline input shaft) are going to be in my very near future, im just waiting for a tad more feedback on the centerforce before I decide between it and the mcloed.

Users who are viewing this thread