L pulley + slicks + E. Smith = 11.68 @ 119

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
October 2002 issue of MM&FF:

Upper pulley swapped with stock Lightning version, and at a full street weight, with driver (3785 lbs.): 12.01 @ 118

Note: stock air filter, stock exhaust

Then they added skinnies, ET streets; removed the air filter, spare and jack, front swaybar and passenger seat: 11.68 @ 119

Again, stock exhaust...

Can I get an "Oh Yeah!"?

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
damn I just went out to the store to buy a copy and no one has it!! must be all you lucky guys with subscriptions! those times are awesome!

FINICKY

Established Member
man i wonder how he launched the thing. i would love to know if he just clutch dropped it.and the irs held up

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Funny you should mention that :-D. He made note that the car had to go back to Ford, and was worried about the IRS:

"Only one question remained: would the IRS stand up to the punishment?...John Coletti proclaimed, 'We have over 1600 launches with the IRS' Then I asked him if that was with slicks? He paused and answered a much quieter, 'No'."

"I...revved the engine to 4200 rpm, cringed, and dumped the clutch."

This was with only 15 psi in the Mickey T's, and he made three or four passes using the same technique. The car is still being driven by Ford employees "back in Dearborn"... I think they fixed the half-shaft problems :-D...

03DOHC

Established Member
Blue98Cobra-

When you say the car had to go back to Ford, was that for repairs or they just wanted the car back?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Side steppin at 4200 and belching out Mid 11's :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Can I get a sheeeeeeeeee-itttttttttt

Gentlemen we are driving around in wicked machines.

Life is good.:beer: :beer:

Last edited:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Blue98Cobra-

When you say the car had to go back to Ford, was that for repairs or they just wanted the car back?
No reported mechanical malfunctions. Car went back to be a "runaround" or fleet vehicle, presumably. Article ends with:

"Back in Dearborn, the SVT guys are still driving it on pump gas. And having a helluva time, from what we hear."

:thumbsup:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
isn't that the issue when they tell how to shave off 150lbs on the cobra?

Users who are viewing this thread