L vs 05 gt/05 sti

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
This isnt really a kill story but just some fun we had last night. So if you are bored, continue to read.:idea:

Well a couple locals and i played around last night. It was definitely a reality check on my part. The sti and i started first. It had a stock turbo from an 07 STI. Previously we did some races and i beat him pretty bad from a roll. This time i was only about 1-2 cars if that from a 50 roll till about 120mph. It was very good to see how much of an improvement it made on his car. We did not get a chance to go from a dig though. He has trouble launching it. Not sure if it's lack of skill or fear of breaking something. No big deal though. The STI and GT did a roll and at 110ish the gt started to walk him pretty good. I was far back so i was just going by with they said. I could clearly see the STI loosing ground though.

After that, me and the 05 mustang gt played around. It had full exhaust and i think a cai. From a dig wasnt even a race cuz either he couldnt drive or those cars just cant hook from a stop. It did have stock tires and i was on 555r's(19psi) with traction bars:). We went from some rolls after that. We tried 30 a few times but all he did was spin. So i wanted to even it up a bit so we went from a 55-60 roll. I honked it off yet again due to being the auto. I jumped a head and held him off till i hit overdrive. I then told him to get up to 60 and just take off. After he took off i floored it. I managed to pull about 3/4 of a trunk length ahead by 123ish(when i hit 4th gear) but i could not pass him. Once i hit 4th, the gt flew by me and i gave up. We also did some 140+ runs just for giggles. The temp was in the high 60's. After all the runs i would assume my truck was pulling timing. It doesnt matter though. We all know 4th for the L just sucks. But hey, it was cool.

It was very fun and i found out my tune is very good since i didnt throw a rod haha. Nothing says security better than a sct2400 maf and a dyno tune:).But this isnt the first time i went into the dreaded o/d in my L floored. It did show me that my truck can not compete with a decent car from a roll. That isnt new to me, i understand it's a heavy brick in the wind but ya gotta have fun! I really like those mustang GT's though. I did expect it to do well since they are mid 13 sec capable but not as well as it did. It seems with a little more work and some traction the gt would be done a good bit better. Hell, put some sort of forced induction on it at just 8psi and it would be game over for sure.:burnout:

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
Man it sounds like your truck pulls pretty good from the high roll races. Teh two car that you ran are good from rolls and the ole farm truck was in the game, not bad, not bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread