Lambo Door GT dyno results

JJ@WMS

Banned
05%20GT%20dyno%20sheet.jpg

Fully warmed up on dyno.

The weight you see used was from a previous year 4.6 GT, they didnt have 05 weights yet.

3rd gear pulls (3 of them) Others were;

298.3hp
300.9tq

296.9hp
300.5tq

All runs were back to back to back. A/F datalogged using my wideband and the leanest reading recorded was 13.2

Mods are as follows;
Steeda CAI kit, part # 555-3120
-Steeda Charge Motion Intake Plates, part # 555-3125
-Steeda Underdrive pully set, part # 555-3305
-Magnaflow After-Axle Exhaust Kit, Steeda part # 263-15882
-Steeda MIL Eliminators, part # 296-420-096
-Steeda 24" O2 Sensor Harness Extenders, part # 296-420-114
-JBA Ceramic-Coated Long Tube Headers, part # 6675JS
-JBA Off Road H-pipe, part # 6675SH

Mustang dyno's read lower than Dynojets, so I would assume that this car would have made 330'ish HP and 325 or so TQ on a Dynojet?

Many thanks to Mike and Jerry @ SCT for all their help dialing in this unique and new combination, the car runs strong and pulls very hard all the way to redline. I think the deletion of the charge plates may be hurting low end tq, but this car has a whipple in its future, so that wont be an issue.

I personally drove this 05 GT for about 100 miles and it is a sweet ride. This is the same GT that has the Lambo doors and Foose wheels.

JJ@WMS

Thanks to Dredd too for all his cooperation in getting this done. :beer:

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
No problem! :thumbsup:

See if you are thanking me when I give it back to you to tune with a stroker and whipple under the hood in a month or so! :lol1:

JJ@WMS

Banned
BIGGESTJOHNSON said:
Why 3rd gear pulls??? and wont the "portly" weight of the 05 lower those numbers???

3rd gear seemed to be the best. This car hadnt had a gear swap yet and third was taking it to over 100mph anyway.

I think it did quite well even if it lost some tq due to the charge plates being taken out.

Its getting a whipple and will hit the dyno again real soon. :rockon: :rockon:

JJ@WMS

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
This may be a dumb question, but the dyno calculations did factor in the use of 3rd gear right? Otherwise those numbers would be roughly 40% too high. Only reason I ask is b/c I've seen some tuners of questionable ethic choose 3rd with no corrections just to skew the results.

I've seen the car and I give it congrats, even if lambo doors aren't my cup of tea.

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
Thanks guys, and for an update:

Whipple is still waiting for carb certification on it's blowers, so we are to.

The body/ paint work is done on the car. It came out pretty nice, very subtle. I'll post pics today for anyone interested. Only a few more things left to do on this car and it's done till the blower/ new motor go in. :thumbsup:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
3rd gear huh? Intestesting...especially coming from a shop.

Make a few pulls in 4th and show us the real numbers.

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
As far as the 3rd gear pull, I'll get JJ up here again to explain that a little more. I don't have a dyno at my shop, so he does all my tuning. So far, I have not had one complaint about his work or ethics, everything he's done has been very upfront and striagtforward, or else I would not be using him to tune my customer's cars and trucks. We've discussed the matter before, but I can't remember what he told me on that.

At any rate, here are some pics of the car after the bodywork was done, as promised. The doors may not be everyone's favorite, I totally understand that. They are attention grabbing, but I've even told the customer if it were my car I'd have waited. To each their own, it's definately different!

This is the Steeda Cowl hood and Steeda Splitter (front valance). There are ghost stripes in it (like a shelby), they just don't show up on camera.

000_0245.jpg

000_0248.jpg

000_0247.jpg

I am hoping to get the car to the track this weekend. That's where the real #'s will come out! :-D :thumbsup: :burnout:

JJ@WMS

Banned
Sorry guys, it took me a bit to get back online here and I dont recieve email notification for some reason..

As far as the 3rd gear pulls go, this car has stock rear gearing and the 4th gear pulls we made (2 of them) were pretty much right on the numbers that the 3rd showed, thats why I did the third gear pull, just to see what the diff was and it was miniscule at best.

This car didnt make alot more torque because the charge plates were removed for future whipple/procharger upgrade, if they were in the car and I was commanding them open at a certain RPM, we would have seen an easy 20 ftlbs more tq with no problem.

This car not only looks good and runs great, but it handles like its on rails, I for one was very impressed by that more than any other thing.

JJ@WMS

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
This car will be at Capitol this weekend by the way, Friday night. I have a "grudge" going against a good freind of mine that says his silver '05 can beat our black one. The owner of the black one is going to gimme the keys and see what happens. We wanted a baseline on the car N/A anyway. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread