Lame Ticket

8banger

just a neon
Established Member
I got a ticket today for entering a bicycle lane before turning right. I was told i would be receiving a fine in the mail which i will probably just pay and not dispute. I was wondering a couple things though. I really dont want to waste a day of work and pay a babysitter to watch my daughter just to attend traffic school. I currently dont have any points as i have not had a ticket in 8 years, but i dont want my insurance to go up. What should I do? How many points am i looking at here?

On the insurance side; I have 21st Century insurance and i am receiving a "good driver" discount. Does anyone know how many points are allowed before i lose this status? How often does the insurance check driving records or do they even do that regularly?

Thanks....... any input is appreciated. -Rob

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Your looking at a point, so I'd try for on-line school. It's really easy and can be done at your own pace over several days/weeks if need be.

ralphy1798

Established Member
I think the traffic school can be taken online (www.trafficschool.com). Thats an easy one! as far as the insurance company and 'good driver' basically that is with no points at all, so yeah you want it taken off. And the insurance co only checks everytime you renew (6 motnhs or a year, depending on company....)

Users who are viewing this thread