Lance Armstrong banned for life - stripped of titles

Dark02Pony

Established Member
US Anti-Doping Agency to ban Lance Armstrong for life, strip Tour de France titles - News | FOX Sports on MSN

U.S. Anti-Doping Agency chief executive Travis Tygart says the agency will ban Lance Armstrong from cycling for life and strip him of his seven Tour de France titles for doping.

Armstrong on Thursday night dropped any further challenges to USADA's allegations that he took performance-enhancing drugs to win cycling's premier event from 1999-2005.

Armstrong says USADA doesn't have the authority to vacate his Tour titles. However, Tygart told The Associated Press that USADA can do it.

Tygart called the Armstrong case a ''heartbreaking'' example of a win-at-all costs approach to sports.

Planter

Banned
what a bunch of bullshit!

they either need to name their witnesses and allow Armstrong to confront them in court and their accusations, or they need to STFU and let it go.

nothing more than just smearing a man who never tested positive for any banned substance.

****ing cocksuckers are just jealous because an American won 7 Tour De France's and pissed the Frenchies off because they couldn't win at their own event.

dooberGN

Established Member
what a bunch of bullshit!

they either need to name their witnesses and allow Armstrong to confront them in court and their accusations, or they need to STFU and let it go.

nothing more than just smearing a man who never tested positive for any banned substance.

****ing cocksuckers are just jealous because an American won 7 Tour De France's and pissed the Frenchies off because they couldn't win at their own event.

They were ready to let him confront them he chose to back down.

CNTLOSE

It is what it is...
Established Member
I could give two shits if he took drugs...I think a lot of athletes do it now, just some are better at hiding it. Plus increased performance, harder hits, faster runners, etc... makes sports more entertaining to watch, and lets face it...that is all the sponsors care about any way.

Planter

Banned

yeah only after years and years of hiding their sources/witnesses. the guy is just tired of it all. I don't blame him a bit.

as far as I'm concerned the negative drug tests trump what those around him say, because most likely they're just mad they didn't win.

haters always gonna hate, even when winning is legit and you're just that damn good.

LSUstang05

Established Member
It's the USADA that stripping his titles, not the International Cycling Union or the club/league/organization that actually hosts the Tour de France. Hell, the ITU was supporting Armstrong. I wouldn't be surprised if everywhere except the U.S. he still kept his titles.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
So much for the justice system in this country... I thought a man had the right to face his accusers in a court of law. Doping or not, this sure as hell was pretty unfair to Lance who nearly lost his life from cancer years ago and devoted his life to cycling.

As I've been saying for a long time now, this country is slowly turning to shit.

Fuerza

Established Member
It is really sad, just too many years of fighting. Lance still has his foundation and other work. I wish him well.

Planter

Banned
So much for the justice system in this country... I thought a man had the right to face his accusers in a court of law. Doping or not, this sure as hell was pretty unfair to Lance who nearly lost his life from cancer years ago and devoted his life to cycling.

As I've been saying for a long time now, this country is slowly turning to shit.

no Venomous, it's not turning to shit, it IS SHIT. it's done happened.

I love this country and what it was built upon, but it's become diluted with incompetent childish politicians that assume the title of "leaders", who spend more time bickering over bullshit and slinging poop at each other than all the kindergarten classes in the nation.

Our government is bullshit, and the disease of liberalism has ruined any hope this nation once had.

we're on a one way ticket to self-destruction. not a matter of if, but a matter of when.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

Theyll just bring up more bullshittery and itll get drawn out even longer.

**** Tour De France and **** the USADA or whatever ****** sanctioning body that pulls shit like this. He pwned them all and theyre pissed and reaching for straws at this point.

Lance chose to end it because he knows the rest of the world knows he didnt need to dope to kick their frenchie asses.

dooberGN

Established Member
Theyll just bring up more bullshittery and itll get drawn out even longer.

**** Tour De France and **** the USADA or whatever ****** sanctioning body that pulls shit like this. He pwned them all and theyre pissed and reaching for straws at this point.

Lance chose to end it because he knows the rest of the world knows he didnt need to dope to kick their frenchie asses.

It's not the french that are accusing him though. This is similar on every level to Barry Bonds in baseball, he never tested positive but everyone knew he was on something. When you are the best you have the best people around you to get around the testing.

Everyone was doing it in cycling so you can't blame him, the fact that he backed down now is smart because he will have all his fans and supporters still behind him.

Slinger01

Established Member
I could give two shits if he took drugs...I think a lot of athletes do it now, just some are better at hiding it. Plus increased performance, harder hits, faster runners, etc... makes sports more entertaining to watch, and lets face it...that is all the sponsors care about any way.

Blood doping isn't even a drug. Blood doping is essentially the act of removing some of your blood, setting it aside until your body regenerates the lost blood and then you put the blood you took out, back in. With the extra blood comes extra oxygen in your bloodstream, thus better performance.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
It's not the french that are accusing him though. This is similar on every level to Barry Bonds in baseball, he never tested positive but everyone knew he was on something. When you are the best you have the best people around you to get around the testing.

Everyone was doing it in cycling so you can't blame him, the fact that he backed down now is smart because he will have all his fans and supporters still behind him.

Pretty sure Bonds tested positive, and he had to change his story to "He didnt knowingly use performance enhancing steroids".

Screw the french anyways.

dooberGN

Established Member
Pretty sure Bonds tested positive, and he had to change his story to "He didnt knowingly use performance enhancing steroids".

Screw the french anyways.

He never tested positive with a MLB administered test. The one you are speaking of was before the MLB implemented testing, it's another topic though.

Users who are viewing this thread