Laser Red 2001 Cobra *Heavily Modified* 44K miles, garage kept

97V8SHO

F-22 Crew Chief
Established Member
I'm needing to sell my beautiful Laser Red 01' Cobra because I'm being medically retired from the military due to a really crappy deployment messing me up, so I need to reduce my debt. Here's a Craigslist link that has pictures on it https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/4877854749.html I'm located in the Oklahoma City area. Looking for $15,000 firm for the Cobra.

Engine:
- New factory short block at 28,000 miles due to road debris hitting the oil pan and causing oil to dump. Ford replaced the engine (I have documentation)
- JLT ram air intake w/ modified cold air ducting from the front bumper brake duct, using race brake duct tubing.
- Hooker long tube headers 2 ½" collectors
- Bassani off-road X pipe
- Magnaflow 2 ½" mandrel bent exhaust pipe w/ Bassani round race mufflers welded in and 4" tips
- New in box March under-drive pullies, never installed
- Diablo predator tuner and tuned on a dyno
- New Goodyear Gatorback belt
- New NGK Iridium spark plugs

Drive train and Suspension:
- Steeda clutch cable
- Steeda quadrant
- Steeda firewall adjuster
- Aluminum FRPP drive shaft
- New in box Fidanza aluminum flywheel, never installed
- MGW short throw shifter w/ cobrabob's shift gasket
- TWM stainless steel shift ball, adds weight for faster and smother shifts
- FTBR full solid bushing kit (most current gen. with grease fittings) in the IRS and aluminum differential mount bushings (installed about 600 miles ago and working flawlessly)
- FTBR race bumpsteer kit for the IRS and professionally dialed in using a bumpsteer gauge. Here's the numbers:
Right Side: Left Side
Bump Droop Bump Droop
1/2"----.004 1/2"----.003 1/2"----.004 1/2"----.004
1"-------.011 1"------.008 1"-------.011 1"-------.005
1 1/2"--.023 1 1/2"-.011 1 1/2"--.024 1 1/2"--.007
2"-------.038 2"------.015 2" ------.037 2"-------.007
2 1/2"--.053 2 1/2"--.020 2 1/2"--.051 2 1/2"--.008
3"-------.071 3--------.024 3"--------.070 3"--------.011

- All four wheels aligned at the same time the IRS and bumpsteer was completed, here's the specs:
FRONT
Caster--Positive 5*
Camber--Negative 1.5*
Toe--Total Toe in 1/16" (1/32" L/R)

REAR
Camber--Negative .75*
Toe--Total Toe in 1/8" (1/16" L/R)

- FTBR adjustable swaybar end links
- FTBR Upgraded grade-8 front IRS bolts
- MM button head rear IRS bolts, still have the originals though
- Billet flow diff brace in Red Fire, closely matches the paint
- Torsen T2R differential
- FRPP 3.73 gears, no gear whine
- Brand new 03 / 04 Cobra half-shafts
- H&R race springs on all four
- Bilstien shocks/struts on all four
- Kenny Brown forward torque brace
- Kenny Brown rear strut tower brace
- Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates
- MM aluminum steering rack bushings
- MM full length subframe connecters
- MM steering shaft
- MM 4 point K-member brace

Brakes:
- Wilwood 14" two-piece slotted rotors, aluminum hat with steel rotors, weighs the same as stock rotors but deliver SO much more braking performance.
- Wilwood 6 piston front brake calipers
- Wilwood stainless steel braded brake lines, front
- MM stainless braded brake lines, rear
- Raybestos drilled and slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads, rear
- New in box Raybestos drilled and slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads, front stock set up
- OEM "Cobra" twin piston calipers, removed but going with the car
- The entire brake system was power bled with MOTUL RBF 600 brake fluid, fluid has been power bled again with the same brake fluid to keep performance up just last month. Also, all new brake hardware was added only 600 miles ago when the IRS was out getting the work done to it so these are practically new and have yet to be abused.

Wheels and Body:
- Currently on the car is official FRPP Y2K Cobra R wheels in chrome w/ Nitto Invo 275 35/18's
- New in box are a set of Forgestar F14 wheels 18x9 front and 18x10 rear with a bushed face and black powder coat inside for a contrast cut, the whole wheel was then clear powder coated. NO rubber has EVER touched these wheels, only lightly installed once to check clearances. They also come with carbon fiber center caps. Weight for these wheels are 18x10 is 21.5lbs and 18x9 is 19lbs. ---I will let these go with the car for an extra $1k, otherwise they stay with me. These wheels cost $2,600 new.---
- 3rd brake light replaced due to warpage with a LED light from late model restoration, fits and looks factory, only difference is the light source
- MGW black billet aluminum Cobra logo locking fuel tank lid
- Black shorty antenna
- New Factory OEM head lights, old ones were starting to look bad
- New black floor mats from American Muscle with the Cobra emblem embroidered in them
- Stainless steel lug nuts
- New Odyssey battery 1200FMJ

Fuel system:
- New Lethal Performance 1200+RWHP fuel system w/ upgraded Aeromotive fuel filter, fuel level sender bracket that accepts the older and much cheaper sending units, new Ford fuel tank gasket, black finish on the aluminum parts, 90* angled FRPS attachment, and pre-assembled PTFE hoses.
- New Glenn's Performance internal sumped fuel tank
- The fuel gauge isn't working right now, I simply need to drop the tank and check the fuel level sender. I have another sending unit if the one that's currently in there went bad for some reason. Otherwise the fuel system runs amazing.

Brief background: I used to be a certified auto mechanic but joined the Air Force to work on fighter jets instead for 9 years now. So everything that has been installed was done by the book. This vehicle has over $30,000 in parts invested into it and even more if you consider labor costs. I have all of the paperwork for this car like the original window sticker, SVT certificate of authenticity, dyno graphs, invoices, etc. I know everything about this car from top to bottom so if there's ever a question you can always email me and I will respond.

ALL fluids or grease in this car are AMSOIL. *note* the differential does not need a friction modifier since it's running a Torsen T2R worm gear type diff.

The interior still has the factory new car smell and looks almost new. The paint is near perfect with typical small rock nicks on the hood but I touch them up when I find them.

I'm going to miss this beautiful screaming banshee, but she needs a new home. This car has always been my one true love, but all good things must come to an end and I pray that whomever purchases this fine machine will serve her justice and take great care of her like I have.

Last edited:

97V8SHO

F-22 Crew Chief
Established Member
Fixed the link in the first post for pictures.

Yes, the internals on the engine are stock. I was beefing up the other components first before I was going to start adding power.

Users who are viewing this thread