Laserlight + airplane = 25 years

dward84

'01 Mustang GT
Established Member
Some idiot decided to shine a laser light at an airplane as it flew over his house.
He now faces up to 25 years in prison under the "Patriot Act".

"A New Jersey man was charged Tuesday under federal anti-terrorism laws with shining a laser beam at a charter jet flying over his home, temporarily distracting the pilots" -- USA Today

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/2005-01-04-laser-aircraft_x.htm

:nono:

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
I heard that on the news this morning. At first, they said he blamed it on his daughter. He said that they were pointing at different stars in the sky.

dward84

'01 Mustang GT
Established Member
The funniest thing is that the only reason that they caught him was because he then shined the laser at the police search helicopter.

DOE! :bash:

ViciousJay

Established Member
Im sorry but society is getting STUPID 'ER hehe by the day, i mean honestly come on laser lights in the sky for 25 yrs? youve got to be kidding me, it seems the uncle sam's attempt to rob of more freedoms, i do feel bad for the pilots but come on here :rollseyes

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
This is why the Patriot Act isn't very good. It does more harm than good, it seems.

And I read about this in my paper the other day. Pretty stupid if you ask me, the 25 years sentence that is.

2000wrx

Established Member
He is facing 25 years, that doesn't mean he will get that. Don't get all big brother is watching on us just yet. The 25 year sentence is in there to give the courts a useable range for various crimes... jeeez.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Hasn't anyone here watched Law and Order? 25 years = 6 days jail time and 30 days community service. ;-)

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
He won't get 25 years but he should get some jail time for stupidity. Should get some more for trying to blame his kid. :nonono:

SVT4ME

Established Member
Thats what the dush bag gets. Had he killed somebody or caused a plane to crash everyone would call for death.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
flyn high again said:
He won't get 25 years but he should get some jail time for stupidity. Should get some more for trying to blame his kid. :nonono:

I do believe in that. Not 25 years, but yes, some jail time, or even some prison time. But defintely not 25. Maybe 3-5, in my opinon.

And it's sad how he did try to blame his own child. What are some people in this country coming to? :kaboom:

LT1Z28 said:
Hmm, I just checked and it is in fact a crime to rape and murder in all 50 states. Lucky for us, it's not terribly common, so law enforcement still has the time to arrest idiots pointing lasers at planes.

Users who are viewing this thread