Lash Adjustors

1996dohcsvt

Established Member
I wanna replace my lash adjustors on the passeger side im 90% sure its the coming from the back of the head. is there a simple easy way of doing this cams in and all? i wanna replace like 4 of them since its probably only one but mine as well replace the 4 on the 1 cylinder can anyone give me advice never done these before thanks.

CJK440

Established Member
Remove the rocker cover and then you can pop out the rockers with a big screwdriver if they are on the cam base circle. You will probably have to rotate the motor a few times as you go down the head.

Then just pull the lash adjusters out with pliers. You can pop the rockers back in the same way.

1996dohcsvt

Established Member
lash adj

so i remove the valve cover then pop off the rockers with a screwdriver. thats it? how hard is it to get that valve cover off??

Cobra Coupe

Established Member
I am about to do the same on my engine. Is there a more technical link explaining how to do this? I want to know what to torque everything back to etc. Also, is there a good way to check for a bad adjuster before changing them?

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
I am about to do the same on my engine. Is there a more technical link explaining how to do this? I want to know what to torque everything back to etc. Also, is there a good way to check for a bad adjuster before changing them?

I googled "mustang cobra test lash adjusters" and a ton of things came up. That should help you out. Apparently measuring the lash is the way to test.. or something.

Users who are viewing this thread