Last minute photoshoot of my CTS-V

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
Beautiful car and great shots, I too love the green! It's good to be different but still look good, nothing wrong with drawing attention to big ass calipers!!

I know I can't afford it but you said you are going to sell it soon, what's a round about price a for your car? Also, what are their weak points? I was looking at a V1 as a daily and the rear end issues kept me from it. I was reading things like, "don't do burnouts, don't race it, don't pull out in first, etc etc" and I was thinking why the hell else would I buy a 400hp car? Lol

white99stang

Established Member
Yeah I would stay away from any V1's that haven't had their rear ends replaced. The prices for the V2's seem to range from about 28-57. Just depends on the year and mileage. So mine is a 2011 with about 80k miles and if I were to put it on the market right now I would list it for probably 34k. Really the only known issues with the V2's are the blower snout rattle, which most are replaced under warranty, or people replace the bushings themselves. And the rear end makes noise, which most is taken care of by draining the fluid and adding and filling to proper amount. Thats what I did and the only time i hear anything in the rear is when its cold and first driving it and making any turns.

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
That's cool, my old boss had one and he done basic bolt ons to it and he was telling me about the blower rattle. He bought the "I think" lingenfelter replacement that was supposed to be the fix for good. After looking at it, they can't cost much to make. They're awesome cars though, good luck witht he future sell if you do decide to sell it. I'm sure you won't have any issue selling. BTW, what kind of 60' was it on your best pass? How strong are the rears in the V2+? One last question, how much power can the bottom end handle before something lets go?

Sorry for the questions, asking an owner that knows more is a lot faster than searching forums I'm not members of, haha.

white99stang

Established Member
That's cool, my old boss had one and he done basic bolt ons to it and he was telling me about the blower rattle. He bought the "I think" lingenfelter replacement that was supposed to be the fix for good. After looking at it, they can't cost much to make. They're awesome cars though, good luck witht he future sell if you do decide to sell it. I'm sure you won't have any issue selling. BTW, what kind of 60' was it on your best pass? How strong are the rears in the V2+? One last question, how much power can the bottom end handle before something lets go?

Sorry for the questions, asking an owner that knows more is a lot faster than searching forums I'm not members of, haha.

On street tires I was able to get a 1.71 60ft, the rears are pretty stout in these. Anything under about the 700-750rwhp range you are good on the stock motor.

Users who are viewing this thread