Last track day of 2018-Area27

blk02edge

Established Member
Well it was a mad scramble for me to gut/cage and do racecar parts on this junkyard miata Im building into an scca spec miata for my clubs "GTU" class at Area 27. So I got it mostly driveable. Still has 13 year old all seasons, still with unknown parts store brakes and a looks good alignment. Anyway here's my miatas first ever lap and last day of the year. Oh got rod knock and blew the 200k mile 1.6 so that's getting swapped over winter too.

Heres my sloppy ass lap

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Huh.

I've never driven a Miata on track, do they all break away in that same fashion? It's like there is a second before it actually starts to go, where you can see that it's going.

That track is beautiful.

blk02edge

Established Member
Huh.

I've never driven a Miata on track, do they all break away in that same fashion? It's like there is a second before it actually starts to go, where you can see that it's going.

That track is beautiful.
I only posted the lap where I was that loose cuz its more fun to watch, like I said this car has pretty much zero prep so far, it was very tail happy and thats with an open diff still. First time ive ever driven a miata period so not too sure on comparisons. It was slow as hell but fun factor was higher than pretty much any other full bodied car ive driven.

Itll have a proper alignment, slicks and a 1.8 for spring time, should drop an easy 15 seconds lol

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
I can tell the tires are garbage, your doing a lot go steering. Your line looks good though and your having fun, awesome!

96 cobra

Established Member
Nice driving! i really need to track mine someday.
There is that saying "if you want to know the fastest line around a track, follow a spec miata".

blk02edge

Established Member
I can tell the tires are garbage, your doing a lot go steering. Your line looks good though and your having fun, awesome!
It was my lap of discovery as I like to call it, push harder than the car can go and "screw up" find the limits, usually in open wheel its a spin out or a dirt excursion lol. Seen the dirt a few times which sucks in a car that has 1/2" of ground clearance

Users who are viewing this thread