Latest cold air intakes

fordification

Established Member
I'm just getting started on the mods and was wondering who has the latest in cold air intakes?

Chickenears was my 1st pick, but they stopped production. JLP is my 2nd but I'm not so sure on the open box lid, unless it seals to the hood? I am looking for a ram air kit but FIPK, Airaid and Volante are on the list.

I'm late to the mods because I wanted to keep my low miler stock as long as possible.

Thanks in advance!

fordification

Established Member
It is really about more air, not so much cold air. Jlp, Metco, or the K&N kit are nice functioning kits.

Really? Was this tested recently? I saw some open element tests on nloc that shows a pretty good drop.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I've been running the JLP kit for years. It's a really nice kit. I like the aluminum version they have of it now. I'd really like to have one of the Chickenears aluminum scoops, but they are sadly out of production. If anyone had one I could use it as a pattern to have a small run of them made.

fordification

Established Member
I've been running the JLP kit for years. It's a really nice kit. I like the aluminum version they have of it now. I'd really like to have one of the Chickenears aluminum scoops, but they are sadly out of production. If anyone had one I could use it as a pattern to have a small run of them made.

They're alluminum now? I think their site just shows the old steel one. Do you have any pics?

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
JLT is a really nice kit and have one on my Cobra too. Which i just went with a high boost JLT for my Cobra. With my M122 swap, i'm running a whipple RAI on my L now.

It's about more air but also cooler air. You won't really get cold air unless it's winter time. But with a RAI, as you sit at idle, it will suck in hot underhood air. Sucks but as you get rolling, the temps drop dramatically. This i have datalogged. I did begin wiht the K&N kit on my truck but the JLT was way better designed.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Unless its some sort of closed system with an air scoop, it's most likely a hot air intake.

A killer chiller is the best mod to cool inlet temps besides a big resi with ice which isn't only for track duty.

Users who are viewing this thread