Latest results: 682/653... ON PUMP GAS!

cthunder

Established Member
Soooo I dynoed the truck again today and got 682 rwhp and 653 ft/lbs of torque off of 20 psi. We had 3 people in the bed and the truck was spinning the drums on the dyno like crazy! On a side note, it was fun as hell feeling it slide across the drums. It would have easily eclipsed 730 and 700 had it not spun right at the exact RPM everytime (4K rpm). This was off of a very conservative tune and 17 degrees of timing... if we got more agrressive it would have maxed out the dyno no doubt. We tried putting on 4 straps on the rear along with 3 200lb guys and it still spun. On the street, it pins you to the seat. It is by far faster than with the KB, 15 psi for 15 psi. We'll spin it again before we leave for mustang week and have a party going on in the bed.

white01

T76GTS Power
Established Member
I'm pretty sure it snail powered. I hope to put those type of numbers down on Aug 2. I'm retuning for 20psi. Lets hear some number numbers when you get them.

Rich

FordFanStan

Established Member
Congrats on the dyno numbers. Get it to the track and let us know what she does :beer:

Yeah I think he switched to turbo not long ago. What model of dyno is it. If you can strap the rear axle straight down between the drums, do it. If it has the extension bar for strapping out the back side, use it. It will increase tension and continually tighten the straps as the power increases and help out alot. FFS

cthunder

Established Member
Congrats on the dyno numbers. Get it to the track and let us know what she does :beer:

Yeah I think he switched to turbo not long ago. What model of dyno is it. If you can strap the rear axle straight down between the drums, do it. If it has the extension bar for strapping out the back side, use it. It will increase tension and continually tighten the straps as the power increases and help out alot. FFS

It's an in ground Dynojet 248x. We have no side strap downs :( just rear and front. I think we're going to get beefier straps and try again monday, tuesday, and wednesday... It may be a calling all cars/customers to sit in the bed and hold on for dear life.

FordFanStan

Established Member
It's an in ground Dynojet 248x. We have no side strap downs :( just rear and front. I think we're going to get beefier straps and try again monday, tuesday, and wednesday... It may be a calling all cars/customers to sit in the bed and hold on for dear life.

If you can remove the plate and see if there is something secure underneath between the two drums. The 248 has large 48inch drums, so there should be lots of space beneath. If they have any anchors of any sort, use them if you can without leaving the plates off. Some side strapping would help some as well.

This si the most accurate. most secure, and safest way of securing a vehicle. It can't be used in your situation though. As the vehicle produces more power it actually tightens the straps more and more hugging the vehicle into the rollers more and more. On a high hp vehicle as it reaches high hp and tq you can actually see the tires begin to shorten as the straps pull it tighter into the rollers = badass. FFS

dyno2.gif

cthunder

Established Member
Stan, I may drill and tap some side to side tie downs so they go over the bed... as well as putting my tow hitch back on so we have more rear tie down force.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
i wanna see a vid of that thing smoking the tires on the dyno :rockon:

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Nice numbers for pump gas:rockon:

I would be curious to see what it makes if you can get it to not spin on the rollers. But it really only matters at the track.

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
Thats awesome man. I'll be down at Murtle the last day on Saturday hopefully your there because I would love seeing your beast.

cthunder

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments everyone! It's been a long time coming and I'm just happy it survived the dyno intact. I hate hearing/seeing my vehicles run on a dyno, I'd rather hear the news about the carnage than risk it firsthand. But, I guess that's the price you pay when you work at a speedshop. :(

I'll be sure to get some vids of the next dyno, as well as get some track times at Darlington this weekend (it may be a street tire run unless I can source out some slicks and rims relatively quickly).

Wizards, do you want to meet somewhere on Saturday? I'll need to cut out at about 6pm to head back home, but I'll be glad to meet you somewhere, possibly the SVTP tent/trailer?

Users who are viewing this thread